5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, has anyone experienced mismatched colour panels/shading due to blending in of the metallic paint, causing the metallic flake to appear inconstant when in direct sunlight. This issue seems to be isolated to the edge of the rear drivers side door. I've attached a photo of the issue. The Impreza is a April 2017 Japanese built, Australian delivered car. The colour code is 61K (Dark Grey). The car hasn't been retouched by the dealer or importer as far as I know. Its been inspected by a body shop and they confirmed the inconsistency is due to blending in there opinion. I'm yet to contact the dealer or Subaru Australia. The car was delivered July 2017, the middle of winter here, so the bright sun only just come out now and made the issue very obvious.

Thanks in advance for any input!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I thought at first. Until I was able to find two other examples on Auto listing websites which seem to have the same issue with the same colour. Images are a little low resolution, but seem to be the same as mine. They couldn't have all been repaired? Could they?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport
2,186 Posts
I just posted a thread about my side mirrors and side skirts not being the same red as the body.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine is ice silver. I noticed the wing seemed a slightly different shade than the rest of the car and assumed it was the way the paint sets on plastics vs metal. I wonder if lower on a door might relate to a base coat to help prevent chipping

1 - 7 of 7 Posts