5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my previous car I had a foldable center console in the back seat with cup holders and a general compartment, which was very useful when having both my daughters sitting in the back.

The Impreza Sport does not have that. Did anybody get an aftermarket one that fit ?

·
Registered
730 Posts
In my previous car I had a foldable center console in the back seat with cup holders and a general compartment, which was very useful when having both my daughters sitting in the back.

The Impreza Sport does not have that. Did anybody get an aftermarket one that fit ?
Another item to add to your "rant" thread :wink2:

·
Registered
357 Posts
I noticed this same problem with Impreza. My kids are used to having that central console in rear seats and Impreza does not include that. Probably a future improvement for Subaru to add, if they are to go beyond their demographics of single / no-kids in family.
I know Subaru had an accessory for the Legacy's a few years ago for the rear seat cup holders, perhaps in time if your looking for something genuine.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
doh! :laugh:

Rear seat Car Cup Holder Consoles are a dime a dozen, you will basically need to source one that will best fit the needs.
Yap, that's what I did. the only problem is with the way i'm driving, anything not fastened or tied down end up on the floor. >:)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Well my Limited has a very nice leather foldable armrest with cup holders, and that surprisingly
was not listed in the brochure I don't think. Maybe there's a retrofit for the Sport? :wink2:

·
Registered
730 Posts
"It's a gateway to young shoppers,"

I noticed this same problem with Impreza. My kids are used to having that central console in rear seats and Impreza does not include that. Probably a future improvement for Subaru to add, if they are to go beyond their demographics of single / no-kids in family.
Check out those links "Argoson" & "newtosubaru" :wink2:

http://www.autonews.com/article/20170225/RETAIL03/302279981/subaru-sees-impreza-as-gateway-to-young-buyers

A Little Kid Leaves Home in Subaru?s Latest Sweet, Poignant Family Spot ? Adweek

·
Administrator
785 Posts
I have the Sport and was disappointed when I found out the only cup holders in the back were in the door. My '13 Corolla had a rear cup holder and cup holders in the door.

I'm hoping to limit people in the back anyway so this will help.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I have the Sport and was disappointed when I found out the only cup holders in the back were in the door. My '13 Corolla had a rear cup holder and cup holders in the door.

I'm hoping to limit people in the back anyway so this will help.
Not like the dog is gonna need a cupholder :smile2:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
730 Posts
As far I remember, Subaru's ads on TV, in the US at least, were always about families, and the car's safety and reliability. But the company is definitely targeting younger demographics.
Not just about families but times have changed.

·
Registered
858 Posts
There's a totalled 2017 in Ohio being parted out on eBay. Some prices are really high, but the rear seat with center flip down console is being sold for a pretty cheap price. The catch is local pickup only.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Not like the dog is gonna need a cupholder :smile2:
Actually, we're using it right now on our trip as the dog's in-car water bowl:grin2:! This is for a Toyota, but every car I've ever had(that I can remember anyways:wink2:) had a rear seat foldable center console. I wonder if this is just a feature of the 5-door or if the sedan is the same way(we're shopping for the sedan and I don't remember looking in the backseat on the test drive).

We take our dog with us on longer trips because he doesn't do well in kennels and he's part of the family! A loose water bowl always spills over in a moving car and other than some splashing while he drinks the rear seat center cup holder works perfectly. Just don't fill it too much - their tongues will get to it:p!

·
Registered
858 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
There's a totalled 2017 in Ohio being parted out on eBay. Some prices are really high, but the rear seat with center flip down console is being sold for a pretty cheap price. The catch is local pickup only.
I wish I would have joined the forum sooner. If it was close to me in Ohio I would have picked it up for you and then shipped it myself

1 - 20 of 24 Posts