5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

Mirror Cap Upgrade for Base Models

8K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Cwilbur 
#1 ·
I own a Base Model 5-speed and I am not very fond of black textured mirror caps on my car. I manage a parts department at a body shop and i got the Premium Model mirror caps that are PTM (paint to match)

These will fit base model Imprezas as they dont have a cut out for the turn signal lamp like on the Sport and Limited models. i attached photos of them out of the packaging and photos of the part numbers for each. list price for each is $6.85, but im sure any dealer gives any type of discount. im fortunate enough to get my shop's wholesale discount, which is pretty unnecessary since i only saved about 5 dollars. im getting them painted as a favor from my painter.

with these caps you could also vinyl wrap them to your desired look.

i will definitely post updated pictures of before and after they are on the car. Thought this would help anyone else looking to get rid of the black textured mirror caps.

Left Mirror Cap P/N 91059FL10A
Right Mirror Cap P/N 91059FL11A

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Very cool. The all black mirrors are one of the few things I don't like about the base model. How do these attach to the mirror?

#5 ·
pretty much.

At our shop, you would pay for the price of the part plus labor and material cost for paint. and labor for the installation of the cap, if you wanted the shop to put the new caps on for you.

#8 ·
I paid like $7.50 each from my local dealership, then paid a shop $100 to paint the set. I'm not sure why the price is so high for them right now, especially if they are coming unpainted.

#10 ·
I'm just a Joe Shmoe (no offense to anyone named Joe Shmoe ? ) that paid retail price. When I look now, the price is ridiculously high for this plastic shell. It's still a dirt cheap $7 part for other models like the Outback, so maybe it's a glitch in the Subaru microfiche system for the 2017+ Impreza.

#11 ·
I'm a parts manager at my body shop, subaru likes to change their prices for newer parts when they are considered "old." Also an example, the spoiler and the lift gate trim on the hatchbacks, use to come preprainted, now they are paint to match. The price of these caps did go up drastically. Look around parts.subaru website. Those list prices are usually pretty current and accurate.

Also side note. I take advantage of the cheaper prices on stuff now. I bought another center console, just the parts where that includes the cupholders and has the cut out for the shifter. Cost me 14 bucks. Main reason my cupholder is super hard to clean what's already in there, just waiting till I get sick of it enough to put the new one in.

Sent from my Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

#13 ·
I'm a parts manager at my body shop, subaru likes to change their prices for newer parts when they are considered "old." Also an example, the spoiler and the lift gate trim on the hatchbacks, use to come preprainted, now they are paint to match. The price of these caps did go up drastically. Look around parts.subaru website. Those list prices are usually pretty current and accurate.

Also side note. I take advantage of the cheaper prices on stuff now. I bought another center console, just the parts where that includes the cupholders and has the cut out for the shifter. Cost me 14 bucks. Main reason my cupholder is super hard to clean what's already in there, just waiting till I get sick of it enough to put the new one in.

Sent from my Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk
How much to buy, paint, and ship these to me?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.