5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
15 degrees yesterday morning, car wash at 8:00am. Turned on mirror heaters......20 minutes later, arrived home, glass still frozen. Had it tested at dealer, they say everything A-OK. My Passat heaters used to have the snow/ice removed within 2 minutes. Anyone notice a problem? Maybe they can't keep up at a certain temperature?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Could be they don't get hot enough at all. Some cars can just heat up enough to get condensation, some cars like the old Acura TLs get so hot that they literally burn the mirror until it's unusable anymore.

·
Registered
8 Posts
15 degrees yesterday morning, car wash at 8:00am. Turned on mirror heaters......20 minutes later, arrived home, glass still frozen. Had it tested at dealer, they say everything A-OK. My Passat heaters used to have the snow/ice removed within 2 minutes. Anyone notice a problem? Maybe they can't keep up at a certain temperature?
I went through the car wash the other day, temp was a balmy 9 degrees, turned on the heated mirrors and was ice free in less than 10 minutes.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Well... now doesn't that make this a sticky situation. Dealers says it's okay (given that's their natural response) but it doesn't work like that on other members vehicle. Hopefully other owners can chime in here so we can get a bigger sample size and you can take that information to the dealer or even call Subaru customer service?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tested during cold temps yesterday.....splashed some water on the mirrors, waited until it froze, then turned on the rear defroster/mirror heater button....seemed to work this time...saw some melting.....I will continue to monitor this.....between the audio system working/not working and now this working/not working......concerning at least.......

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a 5 door sport and I went through the carwash the other day and it was freezing cold and noticed mid way through the wash my mirrors were frozen over with soap so I turned on the heaters and within I'd say a minute or two it melted and washed away. Hope yours continue to work as intended.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts