5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Hatch 5MT
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I have a 2018 base model hatchback. It has the monochrome multi display and I'm wondering if it's possible to swap it for one of the colored ones that the higher trims have? It looks like they have different connectors on the back but dunno if anyone had found a way around it using the pin outs? Thanks

·
Administrator
2017 Imp 5 door. Auto, Red.
1,838 Posts
I don't think anyone has done it yet. I don't know how far back the hardware goes, I bet an electrical engineer might be able to give us a clue.

Anyone?

·
Registered
103 Posts
You would probably have to trace back and swap the entire harness. Even then I doubt it would be plug and play since the color screen has alot more information sent to it and the source wouldn't be outputting that information.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I will add that there are videos of folks swapping out an older WRX mult-function display with a newer 2018 model. They successfully used a wiring harness adapter to fit the new port.
What's interesting is the older connector looks somewhat similar to our base and premium wires; however, even the the older WRX display had more data than what ours has.

I still think there will be issues because of what data is actually being sent through the line to the display. I just can't see this working out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts