5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Impreza Limited 5-door, Dark Blue with Ivory Leather.
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been bothering me. The 'IMPREZA' nameplate on the right rear of my 5-door dips very slightly down on the left. I did not notice it during the pre-purchase inspection. Who would? I have tried to ignore it, but I can't. Lately, I find myself looking at every Subaru to see if they exhibit the same problem. Actually, on about one out of 20 Impreza's and Crosstrek's I see the exact same problem. Although, today I saw a Crosstrek with the nameplate dipping down to the right. One would think that the factory uses a template to place these things correctly. I think someone on the assembly line is just 'eyeballing' them.

Unless someone has a better idea, I am planning to use a hair dryer and some dental floss to gently remove the nameplate. Then I will clean the car surface with alcohol, apply some new 3M permanent double sided tape and reapply the nameplate properly.

Maybe my wife is right. Maybe I am too picky about stuff like this. Does your 'IMPREZA' line up properly?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I can picture one person on the assembly line coming into work hung over from partying the night before and hanging the name plate's a little off center until they get their morning cup of coffee in them.

I have not noticed mine being off at all ( I have not checked to be honest, but now I feel compelled to ) but if it makes you feel any better my last car also a 2017 Impreza Sport was missing the " Sport " badge when I bought it.

I had to go back to the dealer and have them put it on after I bought the car :wink2:

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I would have the dealer order you a new emblem and do as you stated to remove the current one. I wouldn't futz around with reinstalling 3M tape on the old one. Get the dealer to work with you on a new one via the parts department. They actually do use a template and do not "eyeball" so not exactly sure what happened to your car but it would bother my OCD too:wink2:

Reactions: mackeroni

·
Premium Member
2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport
2,187 Posts
I completely understand having some little thing that annoys you.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
That's so you can run with GTIs and BMWs, right?
Darn straight...everyone on this forum knows the only way to increase performance on these cars is a badge:grin2:

·
Registered
521 Posts
Reactions: C J

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Shoot. I didn't know it was that easy. I'll just get a Ferrari badge and leave y'all in the dust.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just looked at my car today. The Impreza badge leans down on the left on mine also. It does not bother me. I would never have looked if not for this forum.

·
Registered
384 Posts
My "Yoga Dog" sits peacefully atop my Subaru badge... hoping he doesn't get it bent out of shape.

:grin2:

Why is everyone so obsessed about debadging the car? Are you ashamed of the Subaru brand with the symetrical all wheel drive, PZEV goodness?!?
If anything you should ADD MORE BADGES... as in the "Badge of Ownership" that you can order for freeeeee!!! I think those little plastic doohickies add another 10hp and 5lbft of torque/badge...
https://www.badgeofownership.com/UI/dist/

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport
2,187 Posts
My "Yoga Dog" sits peacefully atop my Subaru badge... hoping he doesn't get it bent out of shape.

:grin2:

Why is everyone so obsessed about debadging the car? Are you ashamed of the Subaru brand with the symetrical all wheel drive, PZEV goodness?!?
If anything you should ADD MORE BADGES... as in the "Badge of Ownership" that you can order for freeeeee!!! I think those little plastic doohickies add another 10hp and 5lbft of torque/badge...
https://www.badgeofownership.com/UI/dist/
Personally i feel that Subaru adds to many badges to the rear of the car, I have debadged all of the Subarus I have owned, it makes the car look cleaner and more classy in my opinion. And I am certainly not ashamed of driving a Subie!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just looked at my car today. The Impreza badge leans down on the left on mine also. It does not bother me. I would never have looked if not for this forum.
You're welcome!

:smile2:

Peace... Mack

1 - 20 of 24 Posts