5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
This has been bothering me. The 'IMPREZA' nameplate on the right rear of my 5-door dips very slightly down on the left. I did not notice it during the pre-purchase inspection. Who would? I have tried to ignore it, but I can't. Lately, I find myself looking at every Subaru to see if they exhibit the same problem. Actually, on about one out of 20 Impreza's and Crosstrek's I see the exact same problem. Although, today I saw a Crosstrek with the nameplate dipping down to the right. One would think that the factory uses a template to place these things correctly. I think someone on the assembly line is just 'eyeballing' them.

Unless someone has a better idea, I am planning to use a hair dryer and some dental floss to gently remove the nameplate. Then I will clean the car surface with alcohol, apply some new 3M permanent double sided tape and reapply the nameplate properly.

Maybe my wife is right. Maybe I am too picky about stuff like this. Does your 'IMPREZA' line up properly?
Got a pic?

·
Registered
2019 Impreza LTD 5Dr Magnetite Gray Metalic.
101 Posts
Everyone has me wondering now. Is my 2019 Limited supposed to be badged as such? Mine didn’t have one on it when purchased new.

·
Registered
'21 Sport Hatch CVT Ocean Blue Pearl
84 Posts
Everyone has me wondering now. Is my 2019 Limited supposed to be badged as such? Mine didn’t have one on it when purchased new.
Never seen the 'Limited' badge on the Impreza models. Back in the day they had that 'PZEV' label under the 'Impreza' but don't think they ever added that 'Limited' badge. This was from memory and checking active listings, they don't seem to have it.

Can always get one if you wanted to and stick it on.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts