5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my car linked to my home Wifi. Not entirely sure what this does, but when I pull in or out of my garage
I sometimes get a message that either says "Your software update could not be performed" or "Your software was updated
successfully".

So what is this S/W, the whole infotainment system? One app? Can't find much about this in the manuals. I am
guessing it does this over Wifi, but can anybody explain further?

Are there really constant updates, or it it just misleading me?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I turned mine off because i got sick of the failed update messages every time i started the car (presumably because i then immediately drive away from the wifi)

I'd also like to know what the point of the Wifi is.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have disabled the Wifi since as somebody else mentioned - no clue what this is for? Is it in the manual.

And I am still getting the "Your Software is Up to Date" - so obviously does that over cellular or sat.
I got a "Telematic Services in Progress" screen as I pulled out of my garage yesterday, stayed locked up
for 1/2 hour. Had something to eat and it cleared when I restarted thankfully.

I was wondering if the Wifi has something to do with it and that's when I shut it off thinking it was confused.
Between the Bluetooth and Wifi and tethering, I think it is possible to confuse the device, but don't know for
sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts