5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wood Bumper Artifact Automotive tire Automotive exterior
Anyone have an idea what this part of the car is ?
I was using a pressure washer on 40 degree setting (softest available) on my under carriage and suddenly a small pool of yellow liquid appeared . It was like a small sudden puddle appeared and nothing came out after .

checked my brake fluid and all liquids and everything seems fine. Drove the car a good 5 miles and everything seems fine also. Left the car over night in the same spot and when I moved , there was no liquid that leaked at all. Really confused as to what happened or what this yellow liquid is and what this part is . Im thinking it’s just road debris from something but idk.
Any help greatly appreciated thanks

Thinking it’s probably just rusty water or something because there’s holes on the bottom like where liquid can come out or soemthing

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I actually think it’s part of the exhaust system. But still don’t know exactly what that yellow can be lol

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Appears to be exhaust heat shield.

Have you considered the yellow liquid was water discolored by heat insulation?
I didn’t think of that. But do you think there’s any need to worry? Just never had this issue with a pressure wash undercarriage and any of my other cars .

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Impreza 5-Door Sport 5MT
140 Posts
This is an exhaust heat shield. My assumption is rusty water between the shield and manifold. The shields can catch and hold water, so it pretty common to get this.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is an exhaust heat shield. My assumption is rusty water between the shield and manifold. The shields can catch and hold water, so it pretty common to get this.
That’s what I’m thinking. There’s holes on the bottom for water to come out through in the design . if water wasn’t supposed to be in there, there would be no holes at all .

by the way , I see you work at the Subaru indiana plant. Nice place, drove by there on a recent business trip this summer. Woulda stopped by to take a pic in front with my car but I was in a rush haha.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don’t think it’s an exhaust leak though or anything now that I come to think because I’m sure I would’ve gotten a code or some drop in mpg or something .

·
Registered
117 Posts
Dunno.

Did your car drink a lot before the incident?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts