5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up the car from the dealer yesterday (Friday 3/3) & tried signing up for a mysubaru account but when I put the VIN in, it said an account already existed. It's a brand new car so how could an account already exist? It doesn't make sense. Anyone have any ideas? I emailed customer support last night but will call Monday. I purchased the car from Clay Subaru in MA but the car was transferred from Quirk Subaru in Bangor, ME. Just a little concerned seeing as the car can be unlocked using the iPhone app.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hi from another new owner. About a day or two after I picked up the car I got an email from "MySubaru" that started out like this.

Dear Subaru Owner,

Congratulations on your new vehicle! A MySubaru account has been created for you.

Here is your User ID and Temporary Password. Please use this link to view your MySubaru account, change your password, and establish your security settings.

Looks like the dealer sets it up and then has you update the password and profile.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey there,

Looks like they have the wrong email on file I was just checking the paperwork & noticed they put an extra letter in my name ughhh. I'll call the salesperson Monday & hopefully he'll square it up for me. He didn't go through any of this when I picked the car up though. Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi from another new owner. About a day or two after I picked up the car I got an email from "MySubaru" that started out like this.

Dear Subaru Owner,

Congratulations on your new vehicle! A MySubaru account has been created for you.

Here is your User ID and Temporary Password. Please use this link to view your MySubaru account, change your password, and establish your security settings.

Looks like the dealer sets it up and then has you update the password and profile.
I contacted the dealer first thing today & the salesperson took care of this for me. Now I can access the app & lock/unlock my car with the app :smile2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts