5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We’re all familar with the nameless performance 5-inch and muffler delete exhaust.

However, thought I would leave this here for you all to know. They recently came out with their quad design for our cars (hatchback only).

I would totally get it, but I have the single tip 5-inch already. If anyone wants to buy mine ?.

Thoughts on the new exhaust and design?

·
Registered
64 Posts
If I decide to hold onto mine after the lease is up, i'd move on from my muffler delete from Nameless to this. Looks decent, i'd jump at a black tipped set though.

·
Registered
292 Posts
About 40+ years ago, these quad-tip mufflers were popular on VW Squarebacks. From a friend of mine who was a VW mechanic and owned one, he said that all the damn thing did was burn your shin when he was loading through the hatch.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I bet it sounds better than the single as well. Since there are two mufflers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
166 Posts
I like the design, but I haven't heard the sound clips yet. I dunno if I can justify paying nearly 500 bucks for one, but to each their own. I'm sure some people think the mods I've done to my car are crazy and pointless.

I do like the sound of the single 5" and have considered getting one. Let me know if you do end up selling yours.

·
Registered
476 Posts
There is another member on here who custom made a quad tip exhaust. Believe it or not it changes the sound quite a bit.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Just spoke with Jason from Nameless and he said
“I'm testing both the quad exit 5" and quad exit muffler delete tomorrow and shooting videos of both. Hopefully it doesn't pour rain down on us and we can get some good drive by videos etc.”

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
719 Posts
I like it, I wish it was available when I got my 5", it looks great. If I didn't still have my BRZ 5" nameless still waiting in the garage to be sold I'd consider it. Having just got the single Nameless for my Impreza gonna have to wait till I sell the BRZ one :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i think the quads would definitely have a deeper and less raspy tone compared to the single tip one.

I wonder if cabin sound / drone would be less now that the pipe is further out away from underneath the car (projecting outwards more, whereas the single tip projected down and up from the ground into the trunk area).

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also, they’re releasing a cold-air intake system for 17-20 imprezas and 18-20 crosstreks sometime soon. They state that from testing, “... a solid improvement in throttle response and engine sound.

It seems there will be configurable colorways (not sure what that is) and filter location (short ram, fender, and snorkel).

Images owned by Nameless, from their instagram.

No CELs reported from them.

Is 2020 the year of the Impreza? I think so!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Color ways “fancy paint match powder coat color”

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
719 Posts
I'd be interested in seeing some dyno results. I'm not looking for more noise but if it helps with the torque curve I'd be interested.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I happened to go on the Nameless site a few days ago and saw this. Just got my single with 5in muffler a couple months ago, but I'm still tempted. Although $480 for the muffler delete option and $630 for the dual 5in is a big ask. I'm only 20 minutes away from their shop in Woodland WA so I picked up my exhaust in person and they even installed it for free. Really cool guys there, and they had their rally BRZ and drift build Nissan 240 in the showroom. Definitely support these guys if you are in the market for some mods. One of the few companies that supports our cars. Super quality work if you haven't seen any of their stuff in person. Would love if they started to develop a full header back. Now that is something I would drop the cash on in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Ive been highly tempted in buying very expensive jdm exhausts...but this may have just swayed me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
...Would love if they started to develop a full header back. Now that is something I would drop the cash on in a heartbeat.
I’m right there with you too but it seems like they are not interested at this point in time from the email they sent back to me. Subaru decided to join the header and front pipe to one single unit so it would be pricey to develop one. I can see them maybe making a midpipe that’s resonated with a hemholtz to pair with their catback, but that might just be wishful thinking.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts