5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
It does look great. I wonder how it sounds! Also for those interested, im pretty certain AVO turboworld has a full header back exhaust setup for this car.

Reactions: Spacemonkey

·
Registered
65 Posts
It does look great. I wonder how it sounds! Also for those interested, im pretty certain AVO turboworld has a full header back exhaust setup for this car.
I can confirm this as I've got AVOs unequal length header and mid pipe. There was no need for me to get the full length system as I've got the Nameless 5" muffler. I've also just ordered the Quad Exit so I might post some sound clips for comparison.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Now they are just teasing us, and it's working. Just found out that the son in law of my parents long time friends and neighbors actually works at Nameless. He was across the street picking up his kid from his in-laws when I was moving my car. When I got out he was like "is that a Nameless axelback?" Turns out he was the guy that installed it for me a few months ago at the shop. Small world, or small town at least. He's also ok their rally team. Let me know if you have any questions/demands and I can catch him next time I see him.
(I couldn't make this stuff up!)

·
Registered
2018 Hatch 5MT
117 Posts
I like it, sounds throaty without the pop n crackle. I'd imagine the non-muffler version to be insufferably louder. Anyone jumping on this soon? At $650ish shipped, I'd need more reviews.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Can we just appreciate the absolute -- C R A F T S M A N S H I P -- here. I feel like this style exhaust should have been factory. The car looks far more complete now.

For those wondering it is noticably quieter on the interior of the vehicle than the other Nameless 5" Muffler Axleback. It has a somewhat different tone and is a decent amount quieter on the exterior of the vehicle than the Nameless 5" Muffler Axleback.

Feel free to ask any questions cause I know the price is a very big commitment and I haven't seen any other posts about it yet.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Can we just appreciate the absolute -- C R A F T S M A N S H I P -- here. I feel like this style exhaust should have been factory. The car looks far more complete now.

For those wondering it is noticably quieter on the interior of the vehicle than the other Nameless 5" Muffler Axleback. It has a somewhat different tone and is a decent amount quieter on the exterior of the vehicle than the Nameless 5" Muffler Axleback.

Feel free to ask any questions cause I know the price is a very big commitment and I haven't seen any other posts about it yet.
That looks amazing :love:. Would it be possible to get some sound clips of what it sounds like inside the car? This exhaust looks amazing, but I am worried that it is loud or droney from the inside of the car.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I can confirm this as I've got AVOs unequal length header and mid pipe. There was no need for me to get the full length system as I've got the Nameless 5" muffler. I've also just ordered the Quad Exit so I might post some sound clips for comparison.

Which header and mid pipe do you have? I checked AVO and WPD.. they say they dont have one for 2017+ impreza

·
Registered
65 Posts
Which header and mid pipe do you have? I checked AVO and WPD.. they say they dont have one for 2017+ impreza
I got the AVO unequal length header and resinated front pipe. Its all one kit but it's for the newest chassis Crosstrek it fit the same. It was a little too loud cause it only had one cat so I took it to a muffler shop and had the stock cat replace the resinator on the front pipe. Bought it used for nearly cause the price new was MASSIVE.

·
Registered
65 Posts
That looks amazing :love:. Would it be possible to get some sound clips of what it sounds like inside the car? This exhaust looks amazing, but I am worried that it is loud or droney from the inside of the car.
Will do that as soon as possible, don't worry I won't keep you waiting as long as Nameless did on instagram.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ok here we go I got all kinds of footage whether you asked for it or not.
Please keep in mind I've got an unequal length header as stated in the post with the pretty pictures taken after installation of the quad exit muffler.

RESULTS MAY VARY

Most footage done at normal accelerating speeds for street driving.
Don't worry I wasn't the one holding the camera.
All footage shot on a smartphone.
This footage might be helpful, idk.

Cold Start Windows Up:

Hot Start Windows Up:

Cold Start Idle to Lukewarm Idle:

Lukewarm Idle to Normal Idle:

1st - 3rd Gear Windows Up:

1st - 3rd Gear Windows Half Way Down: 1st - 4th Gear Windows Half Way Up

1st - 3rd Gear Window All the Way Open: 1st - 4th Gear Windows Down/Open

2nd - 3d Gear Red-line Windows Half Way Down: https://youtu.be/eh58fBhbDyM

2nd Gear Accel to Decel: 2nd Gear Acceleration to Deceleration

Downshifts: Downshift

65 Mph: Cruise Control 65MPH Windows Closed

75 Mph: Cruise Control 75MPH Windows Closed

Idle Windows Up: Sitting Idle Windows Close/Up

Idle Windows Down: Sitting Idle Windows Open/Down

Drive by: 2nd - 3rd Gear Drive By

Drive by but Broken Video (Audio still works): 2ng Gear Drive By (Broken Video)

Fly by (Weird Echo from Wall): 2nd - 3rd Gear Fly By

RESULTS MAY VARY

Anyone please let me know if there was a more efficient or simple way to insert these videos.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ok here we go I got all kinds of footage whether you asked for it or not.
Please keep in mind I've got an unequal length header as stated in the post with the pretty pictures taken after installation of the quad exit muffler.

RESULTS MAY VARY

Most footage done at normal accelerating speeds for street driving.
Don't worry I wasn't the one holding the camera.
All footage shot on a smartphone.
This footage might be helpful, idk.

Cold Start Windows Up:

Hot Start Windows Up:

Cold Start Idle to Lukewarm Idle:

Lukewarm Idle to Normal Idle:

1st - 3rd Gear Windows Up:

1st - 3rd Gear Windows Half Way Down: 1st - 4th Gear Windows Half Way Up

1st - 3rd Gear Window All the Way Open: 1st - 4th Gear Windows Down/Open

2nd - 3d Gear Red-line Windows Half Way Down: https://youtu.be/eh58fBhbDyM

2nd Gear Accel to Decel: 2nd Gear Acceleration to Deceleration

Downshifts: Downshift

65 Mph: Cruise Control 65MPH Windows Closed

75 Mph: Cruise Control 75MPH Windows Closed

Idle Windows Up: Sitting Idle Windows Close/Up

Idle Windows Down: Sitting Idle Windows Open/Down

Drive by: 2nd - 3rd Gear Drive By

Drive by but Broken Video (Audio still works): 2ng Gear Drive By (Broken Video)

Fly by (Weird Echo from Wall): 2nd - 3rd Gear Fly By

RESULTS MAY VARY

Anyone please let me know if there was a more efficient or simple way to insert these videos.
That does not sound droney at all :). It sounds a little louder than stock while being more "throaty" and aggressive. Thanks so much for the clips!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Okay everyone, it's done. Ordered the quad tip with 5in mufflers. My car is an 18 limited, so I have the CVT. I'm not sure what the build time is or if they have some stock on hand. I ordered for pickup at their shop in Woodland, WA (bout 20 minutes north). I'll see if they can throw it on for me real quick like they did with my axle back single 5in. Speaking of my "old" axle back, if anyone is interested just shoot me a PM. Bought it this last October and I still have the box I can use for shipping. Would like to get $150 for it to help me pay for my new pipes.
After install I'll get some clips posted here. I'll try to get as many similar shots including (fake) gear changes as the clips posted earlier. Thincompare the sound driving in auto vs with paddles. Let me know if there are any specific situations you would like to hear or see?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Okay everyone, it's done. Ordered the quad tip with 5in mufflers. My car is an 18 limited, so I have the CVT. I'm not sure what the build time is or if they have some stock on hand. I ordered for pickup at their shop in Woodland, WA (bout 20 minutes north). I'll see if they can throw it on for me real quick like they did with my axelback single 5in. Speaking of my "old" axelback, if anyone is interested just shoot me a PM. Bought it this last October and I still have the box I can use for shipping. Would like to get $150 for it to help me pay for my new pipes.
After install I'll get some clips posted here. I'll try to get as many similar shots including (fake) gear changes as the clips posted earlier. Thincompare the sound driving in auto vs with paddles. Let me know if there are any specific situations you would like to hear or see?
Just to give you an idea I ordered mine on Jan. 16 then the order entered the build que on Jan. 17. From there my order was shipped on Jan. 29. Can't wait to hear the results!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just to give you an idea I ordered mine on Jan. 16 then the order entered the build que on Jan. 17. From there my order was shipped on Jan. 29. Can't wait to hear the results!
Thanks for the heads up, I was just looking at the lead times and got an email that I just entered the build que this morning. Glad to hear it was on the shorter end of their "up to 15 business days" estimate".

21 - 40 of 60 Posts