5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just filled out a form on the Nameless site to offer to let them use my car if they need to for prototyping for new parts. In the form they also asked what I would like to see them start to develop for our cars. I listed a few things such as headers, light bars and an option for a remote cutout on the exhausts. Next question asked if there was a resource for owners and the best way to communicate with potential customers. You bet that I plugged an impreza5 url in there and clicked submit! I wrote how much we would enjoy being able to communicate with them and share ideas and opinions. Fingers crossed that we see a Nameless profile start lurking around on here sometime.
Just thought I would share this with you guys. I don't know how likely it is, but they did ask the question, and they are a pretty small shop with only about a dozen employees. I know alot of people on here would love to be able to talk with a Fab shop like Nameless who sounds like they want to get an idea what the community wants to see come to market.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just filled out a form on the Nameless site to offer to let them use my car if they need to for prototyping for new parts. In the form they also asked what I would like to see them start to develop for our cars. I listed a few things such as headers, light bars and an option for a remote cutout on the exhausts. Next question asked if there was a resource for owners and the best way to communicate with potential customers. You bet that I plugged an impreza5 url in there and clicked submit! I wrote how much we would enjoy being able to communicate with them and share ideas and opinions. Fingers crossed that we see a Nameless profile start lurking around on here sometime.
Just thought I would share this with you guys. I don't know how likely it is, but they did ask the question, and they are a pretty small shop with only about a dozen employees. I know alot of people on here would love to be able to talk with a Fab shop like Nameless who sounds like they want to get an idea what the community wants to see come to market.
I love you.

·
Registered
124 Posts
you are a legend! lets hope they see the potential these cars really have! im like 90% sold on the exhaust just due to the quality of the welds. they look better than all the jdm mufflers ive been looking into, just lacking the polished finish.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Bam! It's here and installed. Just got back from Nameless where their Rally driver Matt installed my new quad tip for me. I asked about the intake and he said that they are waiting on some parts for tooling so realistically we are looking at 2 to 3 months before it's available to purchase.
While my car was on the lift he pointed out a couple things. First was the screw in my tire (damnit) second was the leaking seal on the CVT housing (anyone else have this issue?).
At least the CVT is covered til 100k. It was awfully nice of him to have a look around under there.
After it was done he took me to the car and rev'ed it a few times for me. Man does it sound mean, even with the mufflers. Sounds like a little rally car. He then told me that they threw in one of their aluminum battery tie-downs free of charge ($35 retail) and installed it. One of the owners, a nice man named Jason came out to chat. He asked a couple questions about the parts on my car and I made sure to offer up use of my car for mock-ups or prototyping if needed. He also said that he had taken some pictures while my car was on the lift ??.
This is an A+ company and for me it's also a local one, and I'm glad that I can help support them. I swear 95% of the staff drive Subarus also.
Here's some pictures for now and I'll post some sound clips later in the week. As far as volume level I'd say it's about the same in the car as the single 5 inch except in the cars 3rd gear equivalent which is a bit on the droning side. Windows down is a different story. It's probably a good 20% louder than before, but has a nice growl and just the faintest hint of a rumble during gear changes.
MVIMG_20200219_124213.jpg
MVIMG_20200219_124245.jpg
MVIMG_20200219_124217.jpg
MVIMG_20200219_124231.jpg
MVIMG_20200219_124254.jpg
MVIMG_20200219_124301.jpg
MVIMG_20200219_124436.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
I like the design, but I haven't heard the sound clips yet. I dunno if I can justify paying nearly 500 bucks for one, but to each their own. I'm sure some people think the mods I've done to my car are crazy and pointless.

I do like the sound of the single 5" and have considered getting one. Let me know if you do end up selling yours.
Just got the quad tip installed so my single with 5inch muffler is now for sale, $150 plus shipping. Let me know if you're interested via PM and I can look up shipping rates to you.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've never say back there, but I drive Uber and Lyft and haven't had complaints. It is louder than in front but not unbearable

·
Registered
2017 subaru impreza sport hatchback
12 Posts
Subanoob, do you have sound clips of it while driving windows up? I just sold my muffler delete quad cuz it was too droney inside, so love to hear this to see if I should buy the quad with the 5" mufflers.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Subanoob, do you have sound clips of it while driving windows up? I just sold my muffler delete quad cuz it was too droney inside, so love to hear this to see if I should buy the quad with the 5" mufflers.
This next post has a mix of sound clips but just know it may sound a little different in person.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ok here we go I got all kinds of footage whether you asked for it or not.
Please keep in mind I've got an unequal length header as stated in the post with the pretty pictures taken after installation of the quad exit muffler.

RESULTS MAY VARY

Most footage done at normal accelerating speeds for street driving.
Don't worry I wasn't the one holding the camera.
All footage shot on a smartphone.
This footage might be helpful, idk.

Cold Start Windows Up:

Hot Start Windows Up:

Cold Start Idle to Lukewarm Idle:

Lukewarm Idle to Normal Idle:

1st - 3rd Gear Windows Up:

1st - 3rd Gear Windows Half Way Down: 1st - 4th Gear Windows Half Way Up

1st - 3rd Gear Window All the Way Open: 1st - 4th Gear Windows Down/Open

2nd - 3d Gear Red-line Windows Half Way Down: https://youtu.be/eh58fBhbDyM

2nd Gear Accel to Decel: 2nd Gear Acceleration to Deceleration

Downshifts: Downshift

65 Mph: Cruise Control 65MPH Windows Closed

75 Mph: Cruise Control 75MPH Windows Closed

Idle Windows Up: Sitting Idle Windows Close/Up

Idle Windows Down: Sitting Idle Windows Open/Down

Drive by: 2nd - 3rd Gear Drive By

Drive by but Broken Video (Audio still works): 2ng Gear Drive By (Broken Video)

Fly by (Weird Echo from Wall): 2nd - 3rd Gear Fly By

RESULTS MAY VARY

Anyone please let me know if there was a more efficient or simple way to insert these videos.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Sounds great a huge improvement. It's crazy how much a CVT sounds different but the same if that makes sense. What year and Trim is your Imp just wondering the cluster is so much different?

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
The manuals seem to have more rumble as if you have uel headers the sound is on point. All you did was the Axle back? Same setup as mine...

·
Registered
65 Posts
The manuals seem to have more rumble as if you have uel headers the sound is on point. All you did was the Axle back? Same setup as mine...
No sorry, it's got an AVO unequal length header, I'm pretty sure I put that in the post. The volume between the unequal length and standard header is minimal here because I had a second cat welded to the kit. The AVO unequal length only has one cat as standard.

Good ear BTW!

·
Registered
2017 Impreza Sport Sedan - 5-Speed
35 Posts
Sedan!!! They need to make the quad tip version available for the sedan! I'd part with the $$$ for that in a heartbeat, looks and sound fantastic.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts