5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone source quality units yet?

I've found a few places online that claim to be able to custom make both front and rear covers for the 17+ Impreza. However, fitment for some of their products gets mixed reviews.

This is the company that I've been considering.

2017 Subaru Impreza Buckets Adjustable HR, Seat Side Airbags, Manual or Electric, Front - precisionfit

They can turn the front seat covers around fairly quick. But I was told they'd have to send someone out into the field to get the proper dimensions for the rear and that those would take quite a bit longer.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Anyone source quality units yet?

I've found a few places online that claim to be able to custom make both front and rear covers for the 17+ Impreza. However, fitment for some of their products gets mixed reviews.

This is the company that I've been considering.

2017 Subaru Impreza Buckets Adjustable HR, Seat Side Airbags, Manual or Electric, Front - precisionfit

They can turn the front seat covers around fairly quick. But I was told they'd have to send someone out into the field to get the proper dimensions for the rear and that those would take quite a bit longer.
They are all fugly :eek: & expensively fugly too ewww :frown2:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are all fugly :eek: & expensively fugly too ewww :frown2:
Yeah. But cleaning doggy puke is even worse.:/

Our rescue pooch gets *very* car sick.

Not so insignificant is that what the wife wants, the wife gets. So I have my marching orders...

·
Registered
730 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
We have a higher end dog hammock already. It's not water resistant. Saliva and liquids go straight through.

If you get one that's non permeable, then the dog bathes in her own drool.

We'll be using a combination of the dog hammock, towels, and neoprene seat covers to let the jaw juice seep through, yet protect the seats.

·
Registered
730 Posts
We have a higher end dog hammock already. It's not water resistant. Saliva and liquids go straight through.

We'll be using a combination of the dog hammock, towels, and neoprene seat covers to let the jaw juice seep through, yet protect the seats.
I just wouldn't allow the dog in a new car or any car to clean up puke & saliva. My parents dog, whenever she's in my car her hair goes all over drives me insane so never again.

·
Registered
357 Posts

I heat ya on seat covers, I haven't found anything that fits yet. I too would like some seat covers. I tried the Kurgo but with My dogs weight, it pops out of alignment and bunches up into a mess in 15 minutes. Jaw Juice...LOL..:laugh:

Dog Spit has very unique properties I completely know how it is. I don't have vomit but my boys spit goes every where. I built my own door guard for the drool problem....

He's family, that's the reason why he's in the new car. Yes there's hair, spit and it's annoying but the complements I get when his heads out the window is priceless.

Kurgo is water resistant and tough, but it just doesn't stay... When a 125 pound dog roots around on it, it's useless. Hammock use makes easy back seat access while driving too difficult.

What I deal with. lol

·
Registered
68 Posts
Haven't (and don't intend to) put neoprene seat covers in the Impreza but I do have them in my truck and have since 2009. The brand I bought was Coverking. For that vehicle, the fit is/was great.
They aren't particularly attractive but can be removed fairly easily and run through the washing machine. For dogs, kids, in-laws and other un-neat creatures, I'd buy another set in a hurry.
Can't find my receipt but believe I bought them from autoanything.com at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not being happy with the reviews that I found regarding fitment, I think my wife is leaning toward Wet Okole. Each set is made to order and will take 3-4 weeks. I'm not finding much more than background noise in terms of complaints. We'll see...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wet Okole makes really nice seat covers, I have some on order for my '17 Impreza, have put them in my wife's '15 Outback, mother in laws '16 Crosstrek, and my Tacoma. Kinda pricey, but looks great, are comfortable, and saves your seats.

·
Premium Member
2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport
2,186 Posts
Ugh, those neoprene ones are just so ugly. As stated they make great covers for animals that you can remove easily. Please don't cover such great looking seats with neoprene.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts