5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I got my first Subaru - a 2017 Impreza Limited. Picked it up on Feb 9 so I've had it almost a month now and so far I'm loving it! It's white with ivory leather, eyesight and hk audio, plus the inside auto dimming mirror, splash guards, cargo mat and all weather mats. Thinking of adding the exterior auto dimming mirrors as I do a lot of highway driving, often at night, and they do come in handy!

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
Welcome to the forums and congratulations. How many miles do you on it so far? Did you go through a break-in period?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm a little over 1300 miles. My usual daily drive is a mix of suburban and highway driving so I didn't do anything out of the ordinary during the break in. Tried to not be too hard on the brakes, but I'm usually pretty easy on them anyway.

I've been playing around with the adaptive cruise control to see how well it works. I had it set to a fairly high speed on one stretch of highway, and with lots of traffic around it kept a steady speed behind the car in front of me. But I didn't think to adjust the speed down when I exited off to another road. There was no one in front of me and it started speeding up faster than I needed to be going on that road! Just a little disconcerting! Also I learned that if you tap the cruise control button up or down it adjusts the set speed by 5mph, rather than 1mph as in previous cars I've had. Apparently you have to hold the button up or down, rather than tapping it, and it will then adjust in 1mph increments. That was another OOPS moment, when I suddenly started slowing down much more than intended!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts