5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning,

Just introducing myself. I purchased a 2017 Subaru Impreza 2.0i on Monday. I hope it turns out better than my 2006 Forester LL bean, which was plagued with numerous check engine light issues. I replaced the cat converter twice and it was in need of another when I traded in. Also had to do head gaskets, rear suspension (x2), numerous o2 sensors, air conditioning, valve cover gaskets, rear wheel bearings. I only brought another subaru because I live in central PA and we do get snow in the winter. Hoping for better this time around. The impreza is similar in size and engine power to my forester, so I'm currently satisfied with my purchase.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Welcome and congratulations. You definitely had a bit of a pickle on that Forester. Let's hope this Subie proves better for you! At least now you have warranty to keep you covered for a while.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Congrats.

Welcome to the forum.

Have you started thinking about what first things you want to have done to your Impreza? Window tints? vent visors? paint protection?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately, I have some rust issues on my 02 tacoma that are more pressing than upgrades on the impreza. I'm going to fix the rust issues on the tacoma and re-home it with family down south. All I really would like are tinted windows and 18" tires with black rims (personal preference). I'm going to wear down the stock tires and upgrade in 2 years. I probably should have brought an impreza sport, but due to the ongoing issues with my forester I was out of money.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Unfortunately, I have some rust issues on my 02 tacoma that are more pressing than upgrades on the impreza. I'm going to fix the rust issues on the tacoma and re-home it with family down south. All I really would like are tinted windows and 18" tires with black rims (personal preference). I'm going to wear down the stock tires and upgrade in 2 years. I probably should have brought an impreza sport, but due to the ongoing issues with my forester I was out of money.
putting off getting the new impreza might pay off since with it still being new we don't know what issues could come up in this initial production years. fortuantley with all the new imprezas on the road i haven't noticed anything seriously concerning.

subaru doesn't have a pristine track record but good enough for a fun enough and affordable brand.

are you looking at any other models or just the impreza?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts