5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just brought home a 2020 Impreza, I got the Sport-Tech - top trim level package in Canada. Thus far I am really liking the interior, no complaints, I have the ivory leather on the dark blue exterior paint. The car is great value for the price. I got the CVT tranny. I always knew this was going to be a terribly slow vehicle judging by the acceleration numbers, but it doesn't feel as slow as one might expect. In typical daily driving it has enough pep, I don't know what it is but it isn't deathly slow as I feared. The CVT tranny must make the best of what the engine has to offer.

My other car is a 2019 Subaru WRX Sport, for some odd reason my WRX is getting slightly better gas mileage on the highway, exact same conditions exact same driving. My WRX has always got phenomenal fuel economy, I got the Impreza as daily driver work vehicle so looking forward to some better fuel economy numbers as it ages.

I've been a devoted Honda fan for 35 years, owning dozens of Hondas including my all time favourite S2000. But something has changed with Honda dealers in our region the last few years, making the buying experience really bad. My last three Hondas have been a 2002 Honda S2000, 2016 Honda Civic, and 2017 Honda HR-V. I traded in the Honda Civic for a 2019 world rally blue WRX, and traded in my HR-V for the 2020 Subaru Impreza. Very happy with the changes. My buying experience with Subaru has been nothing short of fantastic, I love dealing with our Subaru dealer, much more refreshing than what I got from Honda the last few years. I've owned my WRX for one year and absolutely love it, loving the Subaru AWD systems on both cars. We are a Subie family now.

I never expected Subaru drivers to wave at me as I am driving on the road. That is something new which I have to get used to, I tend to miss the waves as I go by other Subaru owners lol and then by the time I wave back it is kind of late. lol.

·
Administrator
2017 Imp 5 door. Auto, Red.
1,905 Posts
Welcome! Hope you love your new Subies! Post up some photos when you can.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Give it some time on the fuel economy front, it will take a while for the engine and transmission to loosen up and bed in.

In my case it was ~7000km. ;)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Give it some time on the fuel economy front, it will take a while for the engine and transmission to loosen up and bed in.

In my case it was ~7000km. ;)
Thanks , yeah I am hoping it gets a bit better. It only has 1,000 kms on it now, temps are a bit brisk around -5 degrees Celsius, and winter blend fuel is the craps too. The impreza fuel economy is quite good, a bit better than the 1.8 L Honda HR-V I dumped. But I think I am just more amazed at how good my WRX does in the same driving conditions at 6.8l / 100 kms - about 34 US mpg, and 42 Imperial MPG, it is shockingly fuel efficient. I think the Impreza should best it after some more miles, plus it only needs 87 octane which is cheaper to run. :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome! Hope you love your new Subies! Post up some photos when you can.
Thanks for the warm welcome, that is nice to see as a new member. Pics below.

My vehicle delivery at my local dealership is a great experience. My Impreza got detailed and rolled into the dealership showroom floor 1-2 days before delivery. Then on pick-up they give you a gift basket, take a photo of you with the sales guy, and then you get to drive your new car out of the showroom through some double doors. It is a fun vehicle delivery process. They did my WRX delivery the same way (they do that with all of their vehicle sales). On the day of pick up it was cold and snowy outside, but my Impreza was nice and clean and warm for me to drive away. The sales guy goes through the vehicle info demo in a nice cozy warm showroom with you prior to you driving off. I love how they do it for us at this dealership. Every car you see in the showroom pics gets driven off by the customer out of the showroom through the same process I described. Pics below

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is a very cool way to do a delivery!
It really is cool, particularly in the middle winter, I drove my wrx last winter and my Impreza this winter, it was a nice touch to drive out of the showroom in a warm and clean car.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I used to own a Honda myself. I had a 1978 Civic 1200, and that was the best built and designed car I ever owned. I still wish I'd kept it when I blew the engine; mine was in great physical shape. They're pretty rare now, and probably becoming valuable.

Every Honda I see today just looks ridiculous. How many useless fake vents can you put on a car? And the sport models! Does every one of them have a [email protected] muffler?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I used to own a Honda myself. I had a 1978 Civic 1200, and that was the best built and designed car I ever owned. I still wish I'd kept it when I blew the engine; mine was in great physical shape. They're pretty rare now, and probably becoming valuable.

Every Honda I see today just looks ridiculous. How many useless fake vents can you put on a car? And the sport models! Does every one of them have a [email protected] muffler?
Yep Honda's best days are behind them. Their dealers have also changed for the worst in recent years.

I remember those Civics and they were really cool. My first Honda was purchased in 1991, since then I've had dozens of different models. My favourite was my 2002 Honda S2000, followed by a 2000 Acura GS-R, 97 Honda Prelude, 1999 Honda Civic SiR, and 2003 Honda Civic SiR hatch. The newer Hondas can't compare to their old models, and not as reliable either.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's one Honda that would be worth getting! :)

Ah, by the time I need to buy an electric vehicle there will be so many decent choices that the Honda version will be one in a sea of many. My preference will be to have a gas & electric hybrid given my driving/work requirements. Maybe hydrogen will be all the rage in the not so distant future too. I like the Honda but not for me right now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts