5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning...Ronn here. Just joined the forum because I ordered a new 2017 Impreza Limited in White Pearl/Ivory interior. It is due in February...so excited ! After driving large SUV's for the past 8 years, I wanted something smaller and fun to drive. I tried the Mazda 3...awesome car, but no room , and it doesn't have AWD . It did have more pep, but I'm not after a race car. The Mazda was in the same price range, and nice looking. At the end of the day ,Subaru won.
I almost went with the Outback as a friend has one, and I love it, but after test driving the new Impreza, it was just fun and what I wanted. I am 6'2, and still have plenty of room, and there was room behind the drivers seat too. A big plus ! I was amazed at the ride of the new Impreza...so quiet and holds the road amazingly well. It drove just as nice as the Outback, and I can honestly say it was just as quiet. I test drove the Sport model as they didn't have a Limited on the lot. I went with the Limited for the bells and whistles, and prefer leather seats. I believe the new Impreza will be a winner for Subaru !Very different from the previous model.
I look forward to meeting new folks here, and learning about the new Impreza !:smile2:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Ronn,

I'm also a first time Subie owner and also coming from an SUV. I am really impressed with the Impreza and excited to be able to try out the AWD in the Ohio snows.
I'm also a big fan of enthusiast forums and hope to see this one become very active as all the new owners continue to roll in!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hey Ronn,

I'm also a first time Subie owner and also coming from an SUV. I am really impressed with the Impreza and excited to be able to try out the AWD in the Ohio snows.
I'm also a big fan of enthusiast forums and hope to see this one become very active as all the new owners continue to roll in!
I just hope you don't have the wrong impression of how Subi's perform in the snow. They are great in the snow but at the same time we need good winter tires. Have you started looking into winter tires? I have some experience in that area if you need suggestions .... don't worry i'm not trying to sell you anything :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the forums and congratulations on your limited ! Did you add in that harmon kardon package ?!
Thanks ! Hope February gets here quick...shouldn't wish our life away, right ? LOL
I did get the Harmon Kardon package......got almost everything you can get...decided to not get the body side moldings...I like the lines of the car, and wasn't sure about the molding...I can always add later :smile2:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just hope you don't have the wrong impression of how Subi's perform in the snow. They are great in the snow but at the same time we need good winter tires. Have you started looking into winter tires? I have some experience in that area if you need suggestions .... don't worry i'm not trying to sell you anything :D
Thanks ! A friend has a 2016 Outback that did find for this area in snow....and last year was fairly deep too ! Not sure about the factory tires period...I found this yesterday, and thought it was an interesting read

By Denis Flierl G+ 2016-12-23 08:55
2 Reasons Why New Impreza Will Ride on Special Firestone Tires; What it Means for Compact Buyers

2017 Impreza
Impreza front
Impreza rear
Impreza grille

The Firestone FT140 tire has been chosen as the OEM tire on the new 2017 Subaru Impreza. There’s 2 reasons why they get the nod.

Bridgestone Americas has announced that its Firestone FT140 tire has been selected as original equipment on the all-new 2017 Subaru Impreza sedan and 5-Door compact. There’s two reasons why the FT140 gets chosen as the tire of choice as Impreza rolls off the line.
Bridgestone was chosen to develop just the right tire for the new 2017 Impreza compact. It rides on a new Global Platform, and it was only right that it gets a tire specifically designed for the all-new sedan and hatch models.
A unique tread pattern and low rolling resistance
It gets a unique tread pattern designed with its all-wheel-drive configuration in mind. Subaru is known for its all-weather capabilities, and the Firestone FT140 features an all-season tread pattern to provide performance in both wet and dry conditions. The other reason why it was chosen, is for its low rolling resistance which will help the new Impreza get enhanced fuel efficiency and optimal fuel-mileage according to Bridgestone.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Thanks ! Hope February gets here quick...shouldn't wish our life away, right ? LOL
I did get the Harmon Kardon package......got almost everything you can get...decided to not get the body side moldings...I like the lines of the car, and wasn't sure about the molding...I can always add later :smile2:
Ah man ! You've done it the exact same way I would !! I personally never like body side mouldings and prefer the way the car is. I had awkward side parts sticking out like that.

Sometimes it's okay to wish away a little time. When you get the Subie, the happiness will extend your life beyond these couple months :wink2:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Which version Impreza did you get ? Enjoy your new ride !!
Thanks! I went with the Ice silver sport sedan. I LOVE it!

I haven't looked into winter tires. I have been planning just sticking with the all-terrain tires that came on it. Is there a big difference with dedicated snow tires?

·
Registered
163 Posts
There's a huge difference between all-seasons and winter tires. Had an updated video but can't find it at the moment. But this speaks for itself

·
Registered
229 Posts
Congrats ! Just bought a white sport sedan yesterday! Went to a dealership looking for a used car, saw the new Impreza for the first time and fell in love..
What used vehicle were you originally looking for?
At least you knew a Subaru dealership was a good option to go used since they have CPO vehicles.

Much safer than any random used car lot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What used vehicle were you originally looking for?
At least you knew a Subaru dealership was a good option to go used since they have CPO vehicles.

Much safer than any random used car lot.
I was looking at a g37x at a car max next door.. Was looking for a nice awd car since I just moved to Colorado... First time driving in snow :crying:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Congrats on the new Impreza, driving in the snow is all about the winter tires. And the low center of gravity and revised suspension systems helps hold onto the road.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Add to that your ability to hand a vehicle and understand how it reacts. You can have the best winter tires in the world and still run into the guy infront of you.

Winter tires + winter driving know how + knowing how other drivers will react = you safer than 99% of people on the road.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts