5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Picked up my new Lithium Red 2.0i Sport-tech on Tuesday!

It's my first Subaru, but I've been looking at Foresters, CrossTreks and Imprezas for a few years now. Saw the new 2017 Impreza model, test drove it, loved it and decided to buy the Sport-tech trim, without the optional Technology package.

I also got the 17" snow tire package with steel rims and cross-bars for mounting bike racks. The cross-bars are not in stock at my dealership yet, date of arrival to be announced.

Other cars I considered were a VW Golf (Highline) and the Mini Cooper (Essentials package with premium audio). They were both nice cars, but Impreza stood out head and shoulders above them. The Golf was designed and engineered by Germans and the Mini was definitely more fun, but Impreza's handling, technology and the comfort sealed the deal for me.

The previous car I owned (for almost 10 years!) was a Nissan X-Trail (Bonavista).

I am an avid mountain biker, so I like that Subaru supported IMBA (International Mountain Biking Association) and their Trail Crew program for 19 years. It's unfortunate that they didn't renew the sponsorship back in May 2016, I hope they change their mind.

Loving it so far!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also got the 17" snow tire package with steel rims and cross-bars for mounting bike racks. The cross-bars are not in stock at my dealership yet, date of arrival to be announced.
Hello. I am also looking to buy a Sport model (5-door), and I was wondering about snow tires. You mention a "17" snow tire package with steel rims" - is this something that your Subaru dealer sold you, or did you get those elsewhere? Also, do you know the model number of the crossbars that fit the Sport models? Thanks.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Welcome to the forums and congratulations ! That does look real darn nice in that color !

Were you able to negotiate anything on the price ??

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello. I am also looking to buy a Sport model (5-door), and I was wondering about snow tires. You mention a "17" snow tire package with steel rims" - is this something that your Subaru dealer sold you, or did you get those elsewhere? Also, do you know the model number of the crossbars that fit the Sport models? Thanks.
Hi @RBrianTaylor! Yes, the tires were installed by the dealer—they are Pirelli Ice Zero 205/50R17 93T on steel rims.

Don't know the model number of the crossbars yet—apparently the part isn't even in stock yet. What's weird is that my car doesn't even have roof rails. According to the dealer, the Canadian models didn't come with them, even though most ads show hatchback models with roof rails.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forums and congratulations ! That does look real darn nice in that color !

Were you able to negotiate anything on the price ??
Hey @GotBoost, the dealer included winter tires on steel rims and I was happy with that. They valued the winter tire package at $1,200 CAD.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hey @GotBoost, the dealer included winter tires on steel rims and I was happy with that. They valued the winter tire package at $1,200 CAD.
Now that's a steal.

Would you mind sharing what make, model and size of tire they gave you? Just curious and out of curiosity you might want to price it out for yourself.

Hopefully it's something as good as Bridgestone Blizzak's or Michelin XICE-2 tires.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now that's a steal.

Would you mind sharing what make, model and size of tire they gave you? Just curious and out of curiosity you might want to price it out for yourself.

Hopefully it's something as good as Bridgestone Blizzak's or Michelin XICE-2 tires.
Hey @BoxerInside, they are Pirelli Ice Zero 205/50R17 93T on steel rims. I think it's a fair valuation, and it was very convenient to have them installed on the car when I picked it up. Also, keep in mind, that's $1,200 CAD, not USD.

·
Registered
308 Posts
For some reason I can't find the Pirelli Ice Zero in that size on TireRack.com, it says the tires aren't available in that size?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hmm... that is quite interesting, thanks! $105 CAD per isn't a bad price at all...

So if that's the case though, what winter tire setup do the US bound ones come with ??

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmm... that is quite interesting, thanks! $105 CAD per isn't a bad price at all...

So if that's the case though, what winter tire setup do the US bound ones come with ??
It comes up as $176.99 CAD per if you select it in the drop down menu... Haven't checked elsewhere...

·
Registered
308 Posts
Oops, my apologies, you are correct. I didn't select the size. BUT that's Blizzak price.. anyone know how the two of them fair and which one would be better?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts