5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

Found this forum through a simple Google search. I've been looking at the 17' Impreza since January. Test drove both a 5dr and sedan a few times, but haven't pulled the trigger just yet. My girlfriend has a 14' Crosstrek, brother has a 14' WRX 5dr and his girlfriend has a 17' WRX. So needless to say I'm surrounded by Subaru's and I'm waiting in line.

Looking forward to reading through the forums and seeing everyone's thoughts and opinions!

·
Administrator
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome! The carbide gray color is a really nice color. That's the same color of my gf's Crosstrek.

I want the sport model too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have have my Island Blue Impreza Sport 5 Speed for about a month and a half now and i love it. The color alone stands out and gets the attention.

Happy Driving !

·
Registered
730 Posts
Hi Everyone!

Found this forum through a simple Google search. I've been looking at the 17' Impreza since January. Test drove both a 5dr and sedan a few times, but haven't pulled the trigger just yet. My girlfriend has a 14' Crosstrek, brother has a 14' WRX 5dr and his girlfriend has a 17' WRX. So needless to say I'm surrounded by Subaru's and I'm waiting in line.

Looking forward to reading through the forums and seeing everyone's thoughts and opinions!
Welcome to the forum. For some, including myself, this generation Impreza has been nothing but a pain in the butt. Check "Issues & Problems" section. The list is growing. Two recalls so far & possibly a third in the works for fuel pump issue I believe? I thought Subaru was a decent brand but my opinion has changed dramatically since buying this. The ONLY solid thing about this car is the AWD that's about it.

·
Administrator
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the forum. For some, including myself, this generation Impreza has been nothing but a pain in the butt. Check "Issues & Problems" section. The list is growing. Two recalls so far & possibly a third in the works for fuel pump issue I believe? I thought Subaru was a decent brand but my opinion has changed dramatically since buying this. The ONLY solid thing about this car is the AWD that's about it.
Seeing all the issues and everyones opinions and experiences with the Impreza is definitely making me rethink a purchase. I've started looking into the Forester and there doesn't seem to be that many issues with the 2017 models. I'm very happy with my current vehicle (2013 Toyota Corolla S), but I'm moving to Rhode Island in August so I want something with AWD. I also have a 2001 Chevy Tahoe with close to 186K on it that I use for hauling stuff and bad weather here in PA, but I'm not sure it will make the trip up North.

I'll keep monitoring everything over the next few weeks/months.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Seeing all the issues and everyones opinions and experiences with the Impreza is definitely making me rethink a purchase. I've started looking into the Forester and there doesn't seem to be that many issues with the 2017 models. I'm very happy with my current vehicle (2013 Toyota Corolla S), but I'm moving to Rhode Island in August so I want something with AWD. I also have a 2001 Chevy Tahoe with close to 186K on it that I use for hauling stuff and bad weather here in PA, but I'm not sure it will make the trip up North.

I'll keep monitoring everything over the next few weeks/months.
Like I said the AWD system is solid that's the main reason I purchased this vehicle since I live in MA & I go to Maine ALOT. Some owners have reported some issues that others haven't experienced so it's hit or miss I guess. Check out the 2018 Crosstrek maybe that will have better luck than the Impreza. Good luck with your move to RI :smile2:

·
Registered
308 Posts
That's a serious Subie gathering whenever you guys all hang out together haha. Are you all into modifications?

·
Administrator
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't really looked into any major modifications if I decide to buy. I'd start with small stuff first like tint, rally flaps and maybe some vinyl graphics. Maybe some summer and winter rims too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts