5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I am new to the forum and pretty new to car maintenance. I am just trying to learn to do as much as I can with hand tools, 4 jack stands and a jack. I am having a real hard time in find info on my specific car, a 2014 Impreza, 2.0i, DOHC. I am just trying to find a manual or info that goes over the FB20 type engine in detail, which does not seem to be covered in the Chilton or Haynes manual. The parts under my hood are not matching up with the manual that I got, which is the Haynes manual that every auto shop has said comes the closest. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I am basically just trying to keep my car going for as long as I can while learning to do my work, but I am pretty green like I mentioned.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey there - You can buy a 3 day subscription to the Subaru Technical Information System (STIS) for $35. For the 2014 Impreza, you might be able to download the service manual as one big PDF file. For the newer Subarus, you have to click each section and save it (or print it as a PDF if you want to keep it). That is probably the cheapest legitimate way to get a Subaru service manual for your car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool thanks for the reply. Also looking for beginning maintenance tutorials, where is the best place to start?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Keep in mind that this is a forum for 2017+ Imprezas, which have a different motor. You should probably go to the NASIOC website.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts