5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
74 Posts
I put the full package from primitive on my Impreza. I went with the LP Aventure lift kit and the some falken wildpeak at trail tires in 215/65R16 for some extra lift and space filling. Still deciding on what to do for lights and mud flaps. Can’t wait to see where you take your car. I’ve got an adventure set for the end of September for a 3 day trip with a group from Wisconsin. Subaru Fl4tFest

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I put the full package from primitive on my Impreza. I went with the LP Aventure lift kit and the some falken wildpeak at trail tires in 215/65R16 for some extra lift and space filling. Still deciding on what to do for lights and mud flaps. Can’t wait to see where you take your car. I’ve got an adventure set for the end of September for a 3 day trip with a group from Wisconsin. Subaru Fl4tFest
Hey! Thanks! I've been reading about different peoples builds on Instagram. Mostly the xtreks since a lot of Imprezas seem to be into lowering right now. I've heard Ironman4x4 and RalliTek are good as well. I keep seeing a debate btw spacers and springs. I have novice knowledge when it comes to suspension and don't want to be taken advantage of at a shop so I appreciate you mentioning your specs on this thread.

I also heard a lot about those tires. I also read that if a lift of 1.5" to 2" is put on the preza then I'd probably have to go down to 15's. I'm currently on 17s that I believe the first owner put on with a new set of rims. I've already tested the stock set up on a little trail out in the Anza Borrego Desert. How was Fl4tFest? I'm from WI originally. It was cool to see stuff being done there.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

· Registered
104 Posts
Hey! Thanks! I've been reading about different peoples builds on Instagram. Mostly the xtreks since a lot of Imprezas seem to be into lowering right now. I've heard Ironman4x4 and RalliTek are good as well. I keep seeing a debate btw spacers and springs. I have novice knowledge when it comes to suspension and don't want to be taken advantage of at a shop so I appreciate you mentioning your specs on this thread.

I also heard a lot about those tires. I also read that if a lift of 1.5" to 2" is put on the preza then I'd probably have to go down to 15's. I'm currently on 17s that I believe the first owner put on with a new set of rims. I've already tested the stock set up on a little trail out in the Anza Borrego Desert. How was Fl4tFest? I'm from WI originally. It was cool to see stuff being done there.

View attachment 28922
Oh man! How did the test off roading go? I don’t really do any off roading, but I do get excited whenever I go on gravel road to kick some dirt with my Impreza. Mine’s all stock so definitely not off road build, but curious to know what you experienced.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh man! How did the test off roading go? I don’t really do any off roading, but I do get excited whenever I go on gravel road to kick some dirt with my Impreza. Mine’s all stock so definitely not off road build, but curious to know what you experienced.
It wasn't too bad actually. There was a storm that rolled through the afternoon/evening before so I got to go through some washes that were muddy. 😀

There were some rocky areas, sandy in a lot of parts and mud. The car fish tailed a little in the mud. I think maybe because of the tires. I payed attention to and tried to go around anything that might've been treacherous without skid plates. I was with a bunch of xtreks and they had me lead the group 😂 I had a lot of fun! Its just hard to get all the mud off the underside of the car without putting it up. Most carwashes around here don't do underbody flushes like the parts of the US that get snow, etc. We drove to see the T-Rex's before getting dirty.
Wheel Tire Car Sky Land vehicle

· Registered
2017 Subaru Impreza Sport
56 Posts
Hey welcome. How's your Impreza treating you? I am from NY in Westchester County. I have a 17 Impreza Sport and I am loving my Subaru very much. I am also not shy about taking it off on unpaved roads. I did install the Rally Armor mud flaps to protect the sides and they have proven to work amazingly well.
I see you want to lift outfit to your Impreza. I have two questions. Did you buy new or used car? If you looking to do a lift outfit why didn't you go right for the Crosstrek?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts