5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought 12/14 & picked up the next day. I'm retiring my 2007 Honda Fit and got this smoother ride. Happy so far, and getting a snowstorm today & tomorrow so I will see how it does. Bought an 2016 Outback a year ago and the Impreza shows less sophistication in the gadgets but brings the basics.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Nice. Still waiting on mine

What color is the interior? Mine has been delayed February.

What is that little thing on the roof near the back? Antenna, something else or just for show?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Black

With the Ice Silver Metallic color and Premium version I bought, only a black interior is available. Maybe different trim levels offer options. The thing on the rear is a "shark fin" antenna, standard on this trim model. I was surprised to get the car, as I'd been figuring on ordering this trim & color but the dealer had just gotten a shipment of 2 new Imprezas a few days ago. Went in with Costco pricing to start the ordering and got that price, so bought what I wanted and they happened to have. I know some can dicker for days and do better. It was still somewhere around $2K off MSRP or thereabouts and I'm not interested in working harder to get more off. Happy enough so far. I got lucky stopping in the dealer to start the process and didn't have to wait for an ordered one. Didn't matter to me if I did have to wait.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Impreza Premium Black/Black for me

Mine is the Impreza Premium Black/Black with the Eyesight package, NO moonroof and cloth interior.
I was lucky with my dealer on the price. They use a no haggle pricing model and make the same commission no matter what, so I got it for $1,100 below list price.

The only modifications I will be adding are the dealer installed protective film for the front, part of the hood and maybe some on the sides. Not sure yet on the sides. Depends on cost. I will also be getting seat covers and a dashmat. Seat covers are a little tricky due to the air bags for your legs, so only specific ones can be used. Getting the dashmat and seat covers from the site below:

DashMat: The Original Dash Cover - Covercraft
The 2017 Impreza parts are not available yet.

I also got lucky with my insurance. I started a thread in the General Discussion forum to compare rates.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Picked it up on Thursday 12/15

Picked it up on Thursday 12/15. Bought it the day before, more or less. Frequent buyer there, wasn't directly planning on buying...but they had what I wanted at my target price. Haven't driven it much as we just had 2 snowstorms. I know the car is good in snow, I just didn't have anywhere special to go.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Glad to know Christmas came early for you :D

What snow tires are you running and how did you like its performance in the winter conditions you had to put up with?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm running stock tires, I believe they're Continentials and I stayed home and shoveled snow....I didn't get out and about in the new ride. I'm boring, I know. And so I go.

Thanks for your sentiments. I am considering it an Xmas gift, to myself. I don't need a whole lot more of stuff.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, stock tires are all season

Congratulations ! Just for a refresher, the stock tires are all-seasons correct?
Yes, stock tires are all season, Continental brand.

I've not considered buying snow tires as I'm retired and don't HAVE to be anywhere, anytime soon. I live & mostly drive in an urban area with good snow removal. If these conditions were different, I'd consider snow tires and I have no doubt they can be very beneficial. I'm boring, and just want to get from Point A to Point B, in 1 piece.

That said, coming back from the DIY car wash today, some gal pulled out in front of me........already they're out to get me.

My soon-to-be retired 2007 Honda Fit got whacked by large pieces of ice melting and flying off a TALL local TV station tower soon after I got it. I still have those dents in the top. I was parked at work and too late too unlucky. Some folks lost their windshields.

That first dent, and ding is tough. Our 1 year old Outback has 2 dings by the drivers side door. I'm guessing it was from the auto style drive thru car wash my wife took it through. The location and severity of the 2 dings just doesn't make normal door banging sense. I dunno.

But I digress.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts