5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have been doing research on imprezas all over the internet but what better place than a forum of impreza owners. I am looking to have a second car in my driveway (a winter car) that isn't going to break the bank. The Impreza seems like the best bang for your buck in my opinion. Nice looking car with AWD drive and plenty of cool features. I own a car with RWD and live in the New England region and so I need AWD. As many of you can guess, yes it kind of sucks to drive a RWD in the winter time but it is definitely doable just not preferable. With that said I am here to get people's opinion and stories on leasing a new 2017 Subaru Impreza. Since I already have a car, I am looking to lease a base Impreza. Even the base imprezas have features that my current car doesn't have like backup camera. What is the best deal you have got on an Impreza lease? Can you guys give me some tips and hints on leasing an impreza? I have experience in dealerships buying cars but never leasing so this a new domain for me. Specifically I am looking to lease a 2017 Subaru Impreza base (automatic sedan), MSRP around $20k. I am thinking I can negotiate the dealer down 10% of MSRP. The deals that I have seen so far for leases are $179 a month with $1,899 due at signing. I would potentially like to put 0 down with essentially that same monthly payment of $179. Does that seem realistic? Anything would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
124 Posts
They are great cars.

With a lease try to get nothing down, what I did. No sense in money down on a lease your just adding capital to reduce the monthly. I rather keep the money in my pocket to use-invest.

$300 month 3 years with 17k buyback 31k car

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea i always liked subarus and they're just getting better. I most definitely do not want to put any money down. When you lease do they tell you the residual value of the car at the end of your lease on the spot there? Also I know that Subarus have great depreciation value. I was looking at 2014 CPOs and they were 15-18k which is kind of ridiculous because you can get a brand new one for like 20k. Anyway my thinking is I want to get a base Impreza for 36 months / 10k miles a year. Is 10k miles a year the minimum on a lease or can you do 8k?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yea i always liked subarus and they're just getting better. I most definitely do not want to put any money down. When you lease do they tell you the residual value of the car at the end of your lease on the spot there? Also I know that Subarus have great depreciation value. I was looking at 2014 CPOs and they were 15-18k which is kind of ridiculous because you can get a brand new one for like 20k. Anyway my thinking is I want to get a base Impreza for 36 months / 10k miles a year. Is 10k miles a year the minimum on a lease or can you do 8k?

10k is min - year miles on a subi lease

Yes you get buy back cost on the spot its part of the contract and how the lease is determined

I lease as a company car for tax reasons.

Other mentioned just buy it I dont like to buy unless it appreciates. The capitol is of better use invested accordingly.
Unless you just "need" to own it LOL

:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd prefer not to buy especially since it will be my second car. I'd rather have the low monthly payments with no worries about maintenance. I don't want another 5-6 year commitment. I keep reading online about how the car is underpowered and people wish it had more HP. I mean it's a daily commuter, not a nurburgring competitor. That's what the STI is for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts