5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new member here. Well, kind of a given considering the post but... Haven't actually ever owned a Subaru. Drove my buddies 2000 (I think) 2.5RS and I really enjoyed it. Actually liked the body styling as well. But I'm ready to buy a new vehicle and I'm strongly considering the new Impreza. Just kind of wish they would provide more information to keep people along for the ride.

Anyone else considering buying something else ?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Welcome.

You picked a good time to get into Subaru as this does seem to be THE Impreza that targets a lot of things buyers are looking for and is the most diversified. What are you looking for in a new vehicle that the new Impreza has?

The 2017 Civic Hatchback is also on my list, just seen spy shots of it today, and i'm liking how things are shaping up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly, I just really like that it's spacious, extremely practical, and you can get some serious power out of them. It'll plow through the winters with ease and it'll just be all around fun.

I've recently seen the new Civic hatchback as well, but I'm not too sure, something about it doesn't strike me. What is it about the Civic that has caught your interest ?

·
Registered
229 Posts
It seems to be the direction the market is going, just look at the new Civic, it got much bigger than the last generation, even the generation before it.
With that being said, it will be interesting to see who's buying these and what vehicles they're coming from.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is true. It's happening all across the market. The BMW X3 is as large as the X5 was. The thing I'm noticing though is that brand loyalty is starting to fade a little. I'm not sure if it's just me but it's getting quite intense out here

·
Registered
5 Posts
Even the Jaguar F-Pace slots inbetween those two BMW's and the F-Pace seems big in pictures. They're reported to have plans for something that sits above and below it. Crazy growth in these segments.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Adding to that mention of the X3... BMW has plans for an X2! So that might be something which gets closer to what the original X3 was like.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello, first time Subaru owner in Toronto. Just purchased a 2017 Sport-Tech Impreza in Lithium Red. Love it so far!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Welcome to the forums ! What other vehicles have you owned before ??
Hey GotBoost, thanks! I just posted up in the New Owner Registration section. Can't include the direct link yet (new member!), but the post title is "New Lithium Red 2.0i Sport-tech in Toronto"

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hey GotBoost, thanks! I just posted up in the New Owner Registration section. Can't include the direct link yet (new member!), but the post title is "New Lithium Red 2.0i Sport-tech in Toronto"
Putting my 130+ post privileges to use for once, here's the link: http://www.impreza5.com/forum/113-2017-subaru-impreza-owners-registry-check-area/1569-new-lithium-red-2-0i-sport-tech-toronto.html

:D

Still surprised you came from a Nissan X-Trail and went to an Impreza, that's not the sort of transition i've seen in a while.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Putting my 130+ post privileges to use for once, here's the link: http://www.impreza5.com/forum/113-2017-subaru-impreza-owners-registry-check-area/1569-new-lithium-red-2-0i-sport-tech-toronto.html

:D

Still surprised you came from a Nissan X-Trail and went to an Impreza, that's not the sort of transition i've seen in a while.
Thanks BoxerInside! I think I can put up links now too, I was probably just under the threshold.

The X-Trail's been good to me, but I hope that the Impreza will serve me even better!

·
Registered
25 Posts
any issues yet with 8' screen? I have same due in this week black /black. Your windows appear tinted or was it the light the picture was taken in? Hope I love mine as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts