5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just finished Map Update

Just finished update on 2017 Impreza LTD with latest HK Head Unit software update TSB 15-211-17r
software version U0.18.22.20
Downloading new map DB took me 4.5 hours (my internet is slow) Download size is 9.11 GB.
Took almost another hour for Map Updater to load it onto my 32 GB 2.0 USB memory stick.
Put the memory stick in my center counsel USB slot and went to settings and told it to update the map.
It warns you that you will loose your radio presets and that it will take about 60 minutes.
My results:
Update took 15 minutes to load and I did not loose any of my presets.
It is now showing my Work about 3 miles from where it really is. Will see if it messed up my home address when I go home in the morning. Way to go!
Will update again if I see anymore interesting things.

Dave

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maps will come out every year about this time so look for the 2019 update in August-September 2019.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just did this update, I didn't realize that it would update the head unit software as well as the map software. I was two revisions back on the head unit software, now I'm on U0.18.22.20! I had an appointment at the dealer on Wednesday to get the head unit updated, guess I can cancel that now!

It did scare me at one point, it said it was updating 8 of 9, sat at 78% for 7 or 8 minutes, I thought it locked up, but finally stated going again. Oh, and I did lose my station presets on the radio, but that's no biggie...

This is on my 2017 Impeza 5DR Limited w/ES and NAV.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I just got the HK unit updated. I'll hold off on updating the system until I see more reviews on the installation product. I'm also 1 of 2 strut dust covers away from another appointment. Apparently my dealership has the only 1 in the US right now.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@JamesS...not exactly clear on what you are waiting for??? What version software does your NAV state you are currently running? The "U0" update fixes many things and if you don't do the download from the link I discussed above in my OP, you do not get the 2018-2019 updated maps. No brainer and zero reason to wait at all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just did this update, I didn't realize that it would update the head unit software as well as the map software. I was two revisions back on the head unit software, now I'm on U0.18.22.20! I had an appointment at the dealer on Wednesday to get the head unit updated, guess I can cancel that now!

It did scare me at one point, it said it was updating 8 of 9, sat at 78% for 7 or 8 minutes, I thought it locked up, but finally stated going again. Oh, and I did lose my station presets on the radio, but that's no biggie...

This is on my 2017 Impeza 5DR Limited w/ES and NAV.
Same experience for me with the pause on step 8of9 on 78% for a LONG time and I lost my FM presets but not SXM.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^^^Subaru's are VERY picky about the type of flash drive. They LOVE Verbatim drives for some reason but several are not compatible according to Subaru. My dealer uses all Verbatim drives. I have a 16GB Verbatim drive formatted as FAT32 and zero issues.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Anyone in Australia done this yet? The Oceania map is updated but it looks like the Head Unit will be upgraded as well. Not sure if I should do this or let Subaru service do it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Does anyone have the map version number? I recently had my HK system updated to U0.18.22.20 at the dealer and it seemed to have a map update to Navi database 966_5933_7334. Is this the latest one?

·
Registered
35 Posts
The latest map number for the US, Canada and Mexico is 991_6759_9121. That is according to my '17 Impreza that I updated following the instructions in this thread.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does anyone have the map version number? I recently had my HK system updated to U0.18.22.20 at the dealer and it seemed to have a map update to Navi database 966_5933_7334. Is this the latest one?
The dealer head unit software update does NOT change anything to the NAV map version. You must download it and install yourself as I previously discussed.

·
Registered
30 Posts
So, I get the following message when I go to register the VIN:

Your VIN is not valid or not registered yet. Please try again or come back in a few weeks.

Tried entering the VIN at the website and downloading the app and entering it there. Same result. Double checked the VIN - same one that's on the MySubaru app on my phone and everywhere else. Anyone else with this problem?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So, I get the following message when I go to register the VIN:

Your VIN is not valid or not registered yet. Please try again or come back in a few weeks.

Tried entering the VIN at the website and downloading the app and entering it there. Same result. Double checked the VIN - same one that's on the MySubaru app on my phone and everywhere else. Anyone else with this problem?
Take a screen shot and post it please. You may need to call SOA.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK...thanks for the screen shot. You need to contact SOA and have them open a case. I have seen this before and your VIN has not loaded over to the HK database for some reason. Did you just purcase in the last few weeks? If, so, that will be an issue. If longer than 30-days, open a case.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Purchased about a year ago. Looks like I'll just call SOA. I was hoping to avoid working my way through never ending telephone menus and talking to a robot before I can speak to an actual person. Thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ha . . . Big Revelation . . .. I don't have Nav on my Impreza. What the **** was I thinking? I've been driving my '18 Limited BRZ almost exclusively and it has the same head unit (essentially). It has NAV standard. My daughter has been driving the Impreza for quite a while. It's a Limited also but I forgot that it didn't have the NAV standard since it was an option. I never really use that option, so I guess I forgot that it wasn't there. Boy, the guy at SOA was scratching his head also about why my VIN wouldn't work. He put me on hold for a while and finally came back and was like, "does your car have NAV, cause we don't show it having that option. Have you been getting it to work?" We both laughed pretty hard after I remembered I don't have it. He was a good sport. I'm turning 48 in less than a week and I really think I'm starting to lose it. Sucks getting old.

BTW he said it won't update the head unit firmware, just the NAV. Don't know if that has been implied or mentioned. That was my ace in the hole for not sounding like I called for no reason, but that didn't work out either. Time to make a Margarita.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts