5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Howdy, I'm a new member with an Impreza Sport (5 door, white) on its way in February. This will be my second, as I had an '07 for a few years.

I am so excited for the car to arrive. I was able to test drive one today and was completely impressed with how much it has been improved over, not only the '07, but the more recent offerings too.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Did you at least get to test it in a range of driving situations like; throwing it around turns, taking over cars, merging on to the highway and so on?

Were you looking at any vehicles outside of Subaru at any point?

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did indeed. Actually ended up placing the order as soon as I got back to the dealer from the test drive. Well, not as soon as. They took a look to see if they could get me one without having to order from scratch.

I had been looking at Jeep Renegades, the Trailhawk, in particular. A completely different beast, I know, but I've owned both Jeep and Subaru and loved both for obviously different reasons. I'd been pretty set on the Jeep until I heard about the new Impreza coming and put off buying until I had a chance to test both. I'm glad I did. The quality of the Impreza is so, so much nicer than the Jeeps. Its not even close, really.

Thanks for the welcome!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Welcome to the forums and congratulations. I've heard good things about the trailhawk but they definitely are two different beasts. Which was the other Jeep that you've owned?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Ah.. that is definitely what happens with them. Always heard they were great vehicles engine wise, but the rusting is something you could never stop with them. You've definitely had it for a good amount of time though !

·
Registered
229 Posts
I had a '95 Cherokee for 9 years. Loved much about it, but rust got it in the end.
I made the mistake of not rust proofing my vehicle and not following up with inspections and routine cleaning, a vehicle of mine suffered the same faith. Once you actually do those things, you'll be surprised at how long a vehicle can last.

At least here your starting fresh.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I should clarify. At the end of the 9 years, the rust was just starting and my mechanic told me I could fix it and have no issues for several more years. That was in 2007, and thought a new car would make more sense. I had a decent commute at the time and the Jeep wasn't great with gas. So in came the '07 Impreza, which I had for 4 years until I moved to NYC. No use for a car there, so I sold it... now I'm back in car land again and here we are.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Welcome to the forums !

With a situation like that though, I can see where all of the switch ups came about and they make sense. Hope the anxiety isn't killing you too much !

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome ! I decided to go with white, but got the Limited for a few more bells and whistles, however I would love to put the side spoilers on the limited that come with the Sport...I asked about it when I ordered, and was told they wouldn't fit ? I'm going to keep researching...enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Welcome ! I decided to go with white, but got the Limited for a few more bells and whistles, however I would love to put the side spoilers on the limited that come with the Sport...I asked about it when I ordered, and was told they wouldn't fit ? I'm going to keep researching...enjoy your new ride.
Great choice of color, i just hate how dirty white gets in winter and how hard it is to keep clean. Requires some good cleaning products and elbow grease! On that note have you started looking into paint protection? Those products typically aid in easier cleaning.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts