5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Brandon. Just purchased a '17 Impreza Sport in the beginning of June. I downsized from a '14 Ram 1500. I'm still getting used to not driving that tank around.

I'm glad I came across this forum. However, I wish I would have known about the ambassador program before I made my plunge!

·
Administrator
785 Posts
Welcome! That's quite the difference. Why did you choose the Impreza and downsize?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Welcome to the forum & congrats on your new ride. That definitely is a big downsize but I bet your seeing big savings with gas!!!!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Welcome on Board! Hope you enjoy your new ride!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought the Ram because my Corolla couldn't keep up on the country roads I lived on for 3 years. Now that I own a house, the Ram was killing my wallet. I drive upwards to 30 miles a day one way to work. So I went back to a 30mpg car, but kept the benefit of the AWD.

I love the car! it has its quirks that I need to get used to and still need to figure out the infotainment system that needs an overhaul.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I bought the Ram because my Corolla couldn't keep up on the country roads I lived on for 3 years. Now that I own a house, the Ram was killing my wallet. I drive upwards to 30 miles a day one way to work. So I went back to a 30mpg car, but kept the benefit of the AWD.

I love the car! it has its quirks that I need to get used to and still need to figure out the infotainment system that needs an overhaul.
Your wallet will be much happier now!!! In what ways do you think the infotainment system needs an overhaul? Just curious.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your wallet will be much happier now!!! In what ways do you think the infotainment system needs an overhaul? Just curious.
It's just nitpicky stuff.......Things that my truck was able to do and grew accustomed to in such a less flashy radio compared to the Subaru

My iPod(iPhone 4s) plays music in alphabetical order and not by track order. Yet, if I start the song straight from the phone, it will play it in track order.

You have to go back through the whole catalog just to look for a song on the album that you're currently listening to.

I can't have an iPhone connect to CarPlay and my old iPhone(which doesn't support CarPlay anyways) through USB to use at the same time.

I can't delete out radio stations on SiriusXM that I don't want to scroll through.

Random FM static

My radio has deleted out my presets a few times

Like I said, these are just nitpicky things that my truck had that the Impreza doesn't. Take it as you will.

·
Registered
730 Posts
It's just nitpicky stuff.......Things that my truck was able to do and grew accustomed to in such a less flashy radio compared to the Subaru

My iPod(iPhone 4s) plays music in alphabetical order and not by track order. Yet, if I start the song straight from the phone, it will play it in track order.

You have to go back through the whole catalog just to look for a song on the album that you're currently listening to.

I can't have an iPhone connect to CarPlay and my old iPhone(which doesn't support CarPlay anyways) through USB to use at the same time.

I can't delete out radio stations on SiriusXM that I don't want to scroll through.

Random FM static

My radio has deleted out my presets a few times

Like I said, these are just nitpicky things that my truck had that the Impreza doesn't. Take it as you will.
Yeah only one device can be connect to Carplay as far as I know. I use Amazon Music Unlimited so I can't comment on the iPod issue. Regarding the SiriusXM, there is a channel input feature. Note there is only a four month free trial to SiriusXM. Mine expired a few days ago. I've had the presets delete numerous times, just don't program them anymore. I agree there are a few things not 100%, but overall this car is amazing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah only one device can be connect to Carplay as far as I know. I use Amazon Music Unlimited so I can't comment on the iPod issue. Regarding the SiriusXM, there is a channel input feature. Note there is only a four month free trial to SiriusXM. Mine expired a few days ago. I've had the presets delete numerous times, just don't program them anymore. I agree there are a few things not 100%, but overall this car is amazing.
Oh I love the car. It's fun as **** to drive. I'm definitely not regretting the purchase one bit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts