5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'm Dorian. Just recently found about this forum. I got myself the '17 Impreza Limited Wagon and loving it! It took me from Great Lakes, IL to San Diego, CA without any problems for my transfer of commands. I've only done a self install of RGB LED lights in my footwell and the license plate relocation, but I do have new wheels coming in the mail soon and plan to do more with the car. Gonna be stationed in Japan for 3 years soon so I'm going to take that opportunity to buy a bunch of goodies for her to install once I get back!

Attachments

·
Administrator
785 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your purchase!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Hello I'm Dorian. Just recently found about this forum. I got myself the '17 Impreza Limited Wagon and loving it! It took me from Great Lakes, IL to San Diego, CA without any problems for my transfer of commands. I've only done a self install of RGB LED lights in my footwell and the license plate relocation, but I do have new wheels coming in the mail soon and plan to do more with the car. Gonna be stationed in Japan for 3 years soon so I'm going to take that opportunity to buy a bunch of goodies for her to install once I get back!
Welcome to the forum & congrats. Perhaps you could rent a container & ship back a load of goodies to sell on the forum here :smile2:

·
Premium Member
2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport
2,186 Posts
Thank you for your military service.

Did I understand your post correctly? You bought the car and are going to leave for Japan for three years?

Curious; why buy a car now?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for your military service.

Did I understand your post correctly? You bought the car and are going to leave for Japan for three years?

Curious; why buy a car now?
I had originally bought the car when my orders were for San Diego, but they got modified to schooling in San Diego and permanent stationing to Japan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the forum & congrats. Perhaps you could rent a container & ship back a load of goodies to sell on the forum here
I'm looking to get the LED front grill with the corresponding switch kits, just gotta check for compatibility using the JDM switch kit compared to our USDM switch. Also looking at the LED accent on the fog lights which also use the switch kit. I know the dealerships in Japan do carry the STI lip kit as well as a STI hatchback spoiler with a vortex generator built on top of the wing that fits our '17 hatches.

·
Premium Member
2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport
2,186 Posts
I had originally bought the car when my orders were for San Diego, but they got modified to schooling in San Diego and permanent stationing to Japan
Yikes man that stinks!

Are you going to store it for three years?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yikes man that stinks!

Are you going to store it for three years?
Yes I am. The Navy does offer a storage facility that will do weekly car start ups as well regular scheduled maintenance, oil changes, etc that way when I get back to pick the car up it is ready to go immediately.

·
Premium Member
2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport
2,186 Posts
Yes I am. The Navy does offer a storage facility that will do weekly car start ups as well regular scheduled maintenance, oil changes, etc that way when I get back to pick the car up it is ready to go immediately.
That is pretty cool.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts