5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

New here, but have been reading quite a bit the past few weeks. I'm going to order or have my dealer get in a 21 Impreza Sedan in Magnetite Gray with 5 speed manual tomorrow. Would have preferred something other than base model but it must be manual trans and I'm not interested in a hatchback.

Anyways, this will be daily driver so I figured I'll have Blizztek tires mounted on the factory steel wheels and pick up a set of factory 16" rims or some aftermarket ones for the all season tires.

Looking for pics of your gray Impreza with aftermarket rims. I'm thinking maybe a darker rim but it's hard to see without any pics.

Also, if anyone has a set of factory rims, I may be interested in buying those too

Thanks

Alan

·
Registered
20 Posts
You'll want to get on that pronto...I ordered my 5mt imp four weeks ago next Monday, and do far... crickets. There are shortages and I have heard conflicting reports whether Lafayette is currently producing. I'm thinking 50 50 at best that I'll get my car built . It certainly won't hurt to try.
Good luck!

·
Registered
2019 Sport 5MT
73 Posts
You'll want to get on that pronto...I ordered my 5mt imp four weeks ago next Monday, and do far... crickets. There are shortages and I have heard conflicting reports whether Lafayette is currently producing. I'm thinking 50 50 at best that I'll get my car built . It certainly won't hurt to try.
Good luck!
Be patient, my friend. It took mine 3 months from order to delivery - April '19 to July '19. I also wanted a MT (since the custom order). The sales lady checked all of Northern California (Bay Area, Sacramento) and there were no Manuals available. Well worth the wait.

·
Registered
20 Posts
"nobody wants a manual" -- until one shows up at the dealership, then it gets snapped up pretty quickly. At least around here.
"But all people ever buy are autos" -- because that's all you ever stock.

But I'm not kidding myself. The take rate might be 5 or 10 percent if there were manuals available. It's not like they'll ever be big sellers in bread-and-butter vehicles. And the 'smart' choice in an Impreza is the CVT. I just ain't smart ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,

New here, but have been reading quite a bit the past few weeks. I'm going to order or have my dealer get in a 21 Impreza Sedan in Magnetite Gray with 5 speed manual tomorrow. Would have preferred something other than base model but it must be manual trans and I'm not interested in a hatchback.

Anyways, this will be daily driver so I figured I'll have Blizztek tires mounted on the factory steel wheels and pick up a set of factory 16" rims or some aftermarket ones for the all season tires.

Looking for pics of your gray Impreza with aftermarket rims. I'm thinking maybe a darker rim but it's hard to see without any pics.

Also, if anyone has a set of factory rims, I may be interested in buying those too

Thanks

Alan
Are you still looking?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Gold or any older wrx / sti wheels always looks nice on imprezas.
Got myself some v7 sti wheels recently.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
130 Posts
We got a good deal on my 2019 son's sport manual. We wanted badly since it was the last year for a stick sedan manual. I know in the DC area Subaru's don't sit on the lot for long, this one had been on the lot for 6 months.
Gave me the power when it came to price.

·
Registered
2019 Impreza Premium Hatch CVT
195 Posts
I'm not sure how soon I'll be getting new tires, but I will have my factory 16" wheels available at some point. They are the black/machined wheels that the Premium level came with on my 2019. If you're at all interested, let me know and I can post up a picture.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts