5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to make a post about these tires.

I've ran them on both a heavy FWD passat (02 B5.5 manual) and now on my impreza (17 base 5 speed).

I can't say enough good about them. Dry road grip is amazing. I run a 225 45R 17 now and there is almost no sidewall flex, but they take hard lipped bumps and holes like champs! Where they really shine is in the wet. There is a big feelable difference when hitting deep ruts filled with water. We get some heavy rain and our roads are, less than nice. I've hit the same sections of road with these and the stock all seasons in the same conditions. Even with the wider Nitto, you just cut right through all the water to the road surface!

If you live in a area with alot of rain and deal with standing water a lot I'd highly recommend looking into these! After around 60K+ KM's I don't think I could run a different tire for the summer.

On a side note I did get caught in snow with them one time (Canadian boy). Don't do it it's not good. Always run a good winter in the snow!

·
Registered
2018 Impreza Limited
159 Posts
Micheal Pilot Sport A/S tires are great as well. I see why so many enthusiasts say once they go to the pilot sports, they can't go back. Extreme contact is better in deeper snow, though I found control on ice was really good the Pilot Sport A/S's.

·
Registered
19 Sport Hatch MT
195 Posts
I wanted to make a post about these tires.

I've ran them on both a heavy FWD passat (02 B5.5 manual) and now on my impreza (17 base 5 speed).

I can't say enough good about them. Dry road grip is amazing. I run a 225 45R 17 now and there is almost no sidewall flex, but they take hard lipped bumps and holes like champs! Where they really shine is in the wet. There is a big feelable difference when hitting deep ruts filled with water. We get some heavy rain and our roads are, less than nice. I've hit the same sections of road with these and the stock all seasons in the same conditions. Even with the wider Nitto, you just cut right through all the water to the road surface!

If you live in a area with alot of rain and deal with standing water a lot I'd highly recommend looking into these! After around 60K+ KM's I don't think I could run a different tire for the summer.

On a side note I did get caught in snow with them one time (Canadian boy). Don't do it it's not good. Always run a good winter in the snow!
I ran these tires on my previous car and liked them a lot. What I didn't like was that they wore out twice as fast, around 12,000 miles.

·
Registered
19 Sport Hatch MT
195 Posts
Had a g35 back then. Chewed right through those tires.

Reactions: evoheyax
1 - 6 of 6 Posts