5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

181 - 200 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Finally got rid of those factory steelies and went with the 18x8.5" Enkei TS-10s with an off set of 45. As for tires they are wearing 245/40 R18 Falken Azenis PT722 A/S and I had the tire shop swap in the TPMS sensors from the factory wheels to the new ones. The fitment is pretty darn good, I don't have an ounce of rubbing anywhere and they look great. Also I'm running some aluminum hub adapter rings from our stock hub size (56.1mm) to the rims size (72.56mm). The ride is stiffer and has tons of added grip from the wider tires. I can feel more of the road through the steering wheel and brake pedal and it was well worth the upgrade. Ain't she pertty? Next up, it's getting lowered.
Looks great Spacemonkey, what will you be lowering it with? Have you had any issues with the taller tire size?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Finally got rid of those factory steelies and went with the 18x8.5" Enkei TS-10s with an off set of 45. As for tires they are wearing 245/40 R18 Falken Azenis PT722 A/S and I had the tire shop swap in the TPMS sensors from the factory wheels to the new ones. The fitment is pretty darn good, I don't have an ounce of rubbing anywhere and they look great. Also I'm running some aluminum hub adapter rings from our stock hub size (56.1mm) to the rims size (72.56mm). The ride is stiffer and has tons of added grip from the wider tires. I can feel more of the road through the steering wheel and brake pedal and it was well worth the upgrade. Ain't she pertty? Next up, it's getting lowered.
Looks great Spacemonkey, what will you be lowering it with? Have you had any issues with the taller tire size?
Thanks pnwimpreza, I'm hoping to find a nice set of lowering spring even though I haven't done any looking yet but I think if I can find a good set of coilovers for the price I might just go with those. Also I have absolutely no problems with the tire size, are you planning on getting some wheels and tires?

Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks pnwimpreza, I'm hoping to find a nice set of lowering spring even though I haven't done any looking yet but I think if I can find a good set of coilovers for the price I might just go with those. Also I have absolutely no problems with the tire size, are you planning on getting some wheels and tires?

Thanks
Nice, that is good to hear. I would like to upgrade the wheels and tires at some point for sure. Leaning towards 18x9 in the +30 to +40 offset range, with a 255/35 tire. Not planning on lowering so I don't want to go too aggressive, just want a bit more rubber and a wider track. Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Does anyone know if 18x9.5 +30 will rub? Maybe fender rolling to help and camber? Or would 18x8.5 +30 be better?
For you consideration I'm driving a 2017 Impreza Sport with full Megan Racing suspension (coils, etc.)

·
Registered
19 Posts
You guys realize that going with such a low offset and wide wheel isn't going to give you any more usable grip/performance than a 7.5" or 8" and is going to severely reduce your steering feel and effective spring rates as well as increasing harsh kickback from road imperfections (especially at higher speeds)? Not to mention increased suspension and wheel bearing wear.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I think most of us know that already. Most of the people here just want different wheels on their cars and although some may seek more performance. Most of us here like the looks.

Im sure switching to a wider wheel may help in some cases. But thanks.

·
Registered
283 Posts
In my experience wider offset wheels increase your max cornering limits but reduce feedback and make it harder to initiate a turn and fine tune your steering input. You can say they have more of an on/off feel. A slight increase in offset is fine, especially if it’s to make up for a wider wheel.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yeah, I'm driving a Subaru Impreza Sport (not a WRX, STI, etc.). I'm not tracking this thing. MAYBE some spirited driving. So what I'm gathering is that they both will fit; but the 9.5" wide would need to have additional camber and/or fender modifications. Whereas, the 8.5" wide will be more flush with "some" poke (maybe roll fenders)?

·
Registered
283 Posts
If anyone in the Chicago area wants to dump their stock 16 or 17 inch wheels let me know. No 18s. Giving this a shot before I go aftermarket. Thank you.

181 - 200 of 230 Posts