5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

141 - 157 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey! @x1s1x300 i absolutely love your cars build, and have taken a lot of inspiration from it! I’ll be sure to post better picture of my lady but this is her currently...

I was hoping you could tell me a little about the installation of the sti muffler system, and if you did it yourself and was it very complicated? I am excited about ordering it but I don’t know any great mechanics in my area that I trust so... I would like to do it myself.

Second question, did you ceramic coat and have you ever thought of doing it?

Lastly do you know of any other places that do a engine cover like your SSD cover. I contacted the blog and they have discontinued it. (I wonder why?) have you had any issues with it? Maybe just not enough buyers... but I just love the look!

Lastly I’m getting some Enkei TS-10’s (storm grey) wrapped in Pilot Sports in a few months which will be great!

What I have done so far:
  • OEM Sport Grill replacement
  • STI spoiler replacement
  • black/white stars Subaru Emblem replacement
  • black/white font rally armor mud flaps
  • black/red carbon fiber vinyl steering whee Subaru emblem overlay
  • 35% tint all around

·
Registered
2017 Sport Hatch
20 Posts
He helped me with info when I did my STI exhaust myself and I'm very grateful for that. It's pretty simple even the cutting part. The template provided makes sure you don't over cut. Even if the cut is not clean, the part that goes over it hides everything. Dremel works good or an air saw with a fine blade. The kit came with everything you need to bolt it up. It's all in Japanese, but the pictures are clear. Did mine back in May. Love the look and the very unique sound.

·
Registered
'19 Impreza 5dr Sport
23 Posts
I’ve been wanting and slowly transitioning my ‘19 sport to the STI concept. This thread is amazing. Really got my motivation now to start tackling these changes for next year.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Recently I was browsing STI Japan's website and found they had released some new parts for the 2017+ Impreza / 2018+ Crosstrek. The new parts include an STI upgraded steering rack support kit and some red STI brake pads (front and rear). Links at the bottom of this post. I'll most likely be upgrading to the STI pads in the future, but not until my current pads are spent.

However, I did order a set of the STI upgraded and reinforced steering rack support brackets. The install wasn't bad, although the instructions are in Japanese. I used the diagram to figure it out and converted neuton meters to foot pounds for the torque specs.The driver's side did require me to remove the exhaust manifold. Also, the car's weight had to be off the wheels, so no tension was on the control arms when I swapped the bolt.

I took a couple pictures of the passenger side installed as well as a pic of the kit and comparing the new STI bracket to the oem bracket. I also installed a Perrin steering damper lockout at the same time. Since I already had the manifold off the car, I had easy access to the steering damper from underneath. Perfect!

I haven't had much time driving with the car since the install, but I will say the difference with the steering damper lockout installed was immediately apparent. There is zero play now in the steering, even just moving the wheel 1mm translates to movement at the wheels. Awesome!

STI Steering Rack Support Kit:
Info: サポートフロントキット:IMPREZA 5Door(GT)|パフォーマンスパーツ|STI
Purchase: STI SUPPORT FRONT KIT(ST20107GH000 + 44616AA290 x2 + 44022AA123 x1 + 14738AA350 x1) | JDM Japanparts.com | SK/ GT

STI Brake Pads:
Info: ブレーキ:IMPREZA 5Door(GT)|パフォーマンスパーツ|STI
Purchase: JDM Japanparts.com - JDM Parts,Performance Auto Parts
Hi!
I purchased the STi pads front and back, install for the front was easy. The rear pads don’t seem to fit our calipers. Any insight or help would be appreciated. They’re just sitting in my room for the past four months.

sad man

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi!
I purchased the STi pads front and back, install for the front was easy. The rear pads don’t seem to fit our calipers. Any insight or help would be appreciated. They’re just sitting in my room for the past four months.

sad man
The STI rear brake pad for gen5 impreza was designed for electric brake caliper used in Asia and Europe markets.
US and Canada models were equipped with conventional rear brake caliper.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
The STI rear brake pad for gen5 impreza was designed for electric brake caliper used in Asia and Europe markets.
Good to know about about the rear STI pads not working on US models.
I resent that, actually never mind. I like being obnoxious, lol. Quad exhaust from nameless
Listen to exhaust drive by clip.mp3 #SoundCloud
Sounds good! I just ordered a Nameless resonator delete mid pipe to pair with the STI center exit axleback. I can't wait to hear how it sounds...

·
Registered
2017 Sport Hatch
20 Posts
Sounds good! I just ordered a Nameless resonator delete mid pipe to pair with the STI center exit axleback. I can't wait to hear how it sounds...
Nice! I'm super curious to hear that. Was going to order the resonator version of that myself for the same setup.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Yeah if you can post a Sound clip I’d like to see that I know you got the center exhaust I think. I have the quad rear exhaust I was really thinking on getting this but with the resonator installed I really hope they come out with the UEL header because I will get that 100%

·
Registered
2017 Sport Hatch
20 Posts
Oh how I wish they would make a header. I'm most likely grabbing the AVO one.
Nameless just updated the resonator too. Supposedly better than the off the shelf one they had before.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Even more sad.

where do you guys pull your resources from? I searched the internet and couldn’t find this anywhere. Just curious as I continually choose to dump money into my Impreza.

btw, OP nice build 👌🏽

·
Registered
'19 Impreza 5dr Sport
23 Posts
Even more sad.

where do you guys pull your resources from? I searched the internet and couldn’t find this anywhere. Just curious as I continually choose to dump money into my Impreza.

btw, OP nice build 👌🏽
Blackhawk parts and Japanparts.com Have to ship them over from Japan

·
Registered
138 Posts
Good to know about about the rear STI pads not working on US models.

Would love it if you could post a sound clip after it's installed. I've been trying to figure out if I want to go res delete or not.

141 - 157 of 157 Posts