5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 Subaru impreza sport premium turned into a crosstrek with long travel suspension and hd axles and control arms still notacrosstrek and better on the wallet. Except that it's to fun now.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I did not as much video as I wanted but got alot of photos and oem part numbers as well as the heavy duty upgraded items numbers. I'm new to this forum thing my friend told me to because he couldn't find much on what to do after just the forester coil lift

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Obvious question; why not just buy a Crosstrek in the first place?
Because people said you couldn't build one for the cost of buying one so I built one better than xv for less cost but now it's going to start going past xv cost but it will be much more capable than it already is against xv lol. Long travel hd and extended high angle cv axles and my cv axle angle is lower are my upper hand compared to xv as well once I put coil spacers on it will be close to the same angles still less plunge I think than xv. Auburn Subaru helped me get the oem parts I needed at a good cost.

·
Registered
166 Posts
What size wheels and tires do you have on? Also what brand of tire? I'm limited to getting 215/70/15 Yokohama Geolander G015 for mine because they're the only AT tire in that size.

·
Premium Member
2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport
2,175 Posts
Because people said you couldn't build one for the cost of buying one so I built one better than xv for less cost but now it's going to start going past xv cost but it will be much more capable than it already is against xv lol. Long travel hd and extended high angle cv axles and my cv axle angle is lower are my upper hand compared to xv as well once I put coil spacers on it will be close to the same angles still less plunge I think than xv. Auburn Subaru helped me get the oem parts I needed at a good cost.
Sounds like you are really into the off road thing and know your stuff. Will be interesting to watch your build dude.

·
Registered
2018 Impreza Premium
56 Posts
I admire the vigor for ingenuity and upgrading. You may quickly outgrow your platform.
I own a 98 Tacoma & an 18 Impreza, both purchased new. Each appreciated for it's individual strengths and features.

·
Premium Member
2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport
2,175 Posts
I admire the vigor for ingenuity and upgrading. You may quickly outgrow your platform.
I own a 98 Tacoma & an 18 Impreza, both purchased new. Each appreciated for it's individual strengths and features.
I don't understand the crowd that buys a Subie and makes it an off road vehicle that would not be great on the road. There are already plenty of cars that are made to do just that (JEEP anyone?). Lots of cars come in AWD and you really don't see a heck of a lot of those owners making them into off roaders.

But, is seems to be something that some in the Subaru crowd enjoy and it is interesting to see their builds.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts