5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I transfred my bluetooth OBD2 reader from my BRZ to the Impreza and it works great! I have the base model and I use my phone to monitor oil temp, coolant, and other features. I noticed that my temps ran higher than my BRZ. Anyone know what the operating temps are? I drive highway miles with stop and go traffic coming home sometimes and notice the oil temps being 220-225 and the coolant over 200. Probably doesnt help that I live in Texas, but its higher than my BRZ. Ill post a video or pictures later with the temps.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I regularly see oil temps around 212 once fully warmed up, I don't remember what my coolant temps were but over 200 does sound about right, I'm in Colorado.

·
Registered
177 Posts
So I transfred my bluetooth OBD2 reader from my BRZ to the Impreza and it works great! I have the base model and I use my phone to monitor oil temp, coolant, and other features. I noticed that my temps ran higher than my BRZ. Anyone know what the operating temps are? I drive highway miles with stop and go traffic coming home sometimes and notice the oil temps being 220-225 and the coolant over 200. Probably doesnt help that I live in Texas, but its higher than my BRZ. Ill post a video or pictures later with the temps.
Which do you have? Have you connected it via CarPlay yet?

·
Registered
2022 Sport 5-Door
164 Posts
Not really going off of an OBD2 reader but using the vehicle's MFD gauges, my coolant tends to read around 180-190ish and the oil temp is often around 212, driving at 70 on the highway for a while can kick it up to 221/223, and if I've been in stop and go or driving spiritedly I've seen oil temp reach 226 max.

·
Registered
2018 Base 5 Door
140 Posts
I'm used to seeing 190-200⁰F coolant temps and 200-225⁰F during normal driving.

Here's my gause set up:
Audio equipment Gas Auto part Machine Font

I've recently installed and oil cooler and now I see 180-195⁰F during normal driving.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts