5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone put any off roads lights onto their new Imp? Maybe tuck them into the vents or use a mini bull bar?

If so please post up some photos.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anyone put any off roads lights onto their new Imp? Maybe tuck them into the vents or use a mini bull bar?

I put an SSD light bar on our new 5 Door. Went on pretty easy! Pretty heavy duty also. The brackets were all 3/8" x 1-1/2" steel bars. You could tow the car with it if needed. It bolts directly to the Bumper Beam! The best one I could find.

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts

I have been thinking about putting some of the slim LED lightbars below the grill. Not sure how I would mount them to the plastic though

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have mounted a mini light bar below the license frame on mine..I will upload a photo tonight. It is currently not wired in yet, but I would like to have it come on with the stock Daytime Running LED's on my Sport.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm trying to put the SSD light bar on but there is something in the way. I took off the energy absorbers but there is a device with two fins on a motor right where the mount is supposed to go. Did you have this problem?

·
Premium Member
2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm trying to put the SSD light bar on but there is something in the way. I took off the energy absorbers but there is a device with two fins on a motor right where the mount is supposed to go. Did you have this problem?
Oh you don't want to touch that!

That closes at high speeds to direct the wind.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Snow Runner has the base model which doesn't have the grill shutters so that's why he didn't have any trouble mounting his.
Good morning Folks! Funny thing about the new Impreza, I liked the 5 door so much, I went back to St Louis and bought a Sport Sedan! Now there are two of them in the garage! The wife really liked the idea as well! :)

I had read about the louver issue, so I called Mike at SSD and we hooked up this weekend and he fixed the louver-flap problem!!! He happens to live about 100 miles from me, so the drive was worth it!
He designed a set of brackets that mounted to the front of the bumper beam, and presto... the fix was in! He said he should have the new light bar on-line pretty quick. It also sits about 3" higher than the one on our 5 door. My 28" LED Bar should be in soon, so I'll post it once it shows up! The picture I'm posting is not the best for showing the light bar, but it looks like all his others. He likes taking pictures of his handy-work! This one is even stronger than the one on our 5 Door!

Love the new Impreza's..... The nice part is, I bought 2 of them for less money than the last Truck I bought!!! Oh yeah...and the truck did not get 30ish mikes to the gallon!

Have a great day folks, and enjoy your rides!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
I purchased a front license plate light mount and used super strong 3M tape to secure it to the front bumper along with two bolts. I then put four round 4" lights on it and wired them into the cabin (which was a pain getting through the firewall) looks great and has held up for the past 6 months.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks like it is not an "exact" fit for that opening. How far does it stick out and what size is that bar? Cant do that exact one as I am a front license plate state
Good morning! The light bar actually sticks out in front of the LED bar. The light bar has a slight curve to it, and the LED bar is straight. It would actually protect it, if someone backed into the car. The LED bar is 28" long and the light bar is about 29.5" long. I bought from SSD Performance and it came with a license plate relocation bracket. Here in Missouri we need the front plate also, so as soon as I get it registered I'll mount the plate below the bar. The light bar has 4 tabs and this LED bar has floating mounts, so I used the outer two to mount the LED and that leaves me the inner two to mount the plate. He design them that way so it makes it easy to do! Here is the link to the LED bar. FYI...you would also need to by the wiring kit it recommends! I've attached SSD website as well.

www.amazon.com/Light-Northpole-Waterproof-Driving-Mounting/dp/B01EKZ5B72/ref=sr_1_5?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1515504267&sr=1-5&keywords=28"+LED+Light+Bar

SSD Performance

Take care....

·
Registered
85 Posts
Here is the link to the LED bar. FYI...you would also need to by the wiring kit it recommends! I've attached SSD website as well.

www.amazon.com/Light-Northpole-Waterproof-Driving-Mounting/dp/B01EKZ5B72/ref=sr_1_5?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1515504267&sr=1-5&keywords=28"+LED+Light+Bar

SSD Performance

Take care....
Did you wire it with a switch in your car, or does it come on with the high beams?

·
Registered
2019 Impreza Sport Hatch
35 Posts
Snow Runner has the base model which doesn't have the grill shutters so that's why he didn't have any trouble mounting his.
I have a sport version, do you think I can still make this SSD bar work? I guess I havent looked to check location of any components yet or even if I have those shutters...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts