5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Got a call yesterday that my short block is being replaced along with "beefier" scraper rings... My second Subaru and I'm so completely disillusioned that I highly doubt I'll be staying in a Subaru for very long. I kick myself for not buying a Honda or Toyota.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Got a call yesterday that my short block is being replaced along with "beefier" scraper rings... My second Subaru and I'm so completely disillusioned that I highly doubt I'll be staying in a Subaru for very long. I kick myself for not buying a Honda or Toyota.
That stinks. I've had 6 other Subaru vehicles with no big issues. My 19 is my 7th!
Hope all goes well for you

·
Registered
17 Posts
Unless it is stated in the owners manual

It will burn 1 quart oil every 1000 miles or so then it is not normal.

More then normal oil consumption is defines as needing to add oil before the next service interval unless stated in the owners manual >:)
Impreza 2017 5MT highway driving 1.5 Quarts per 2000 mile…. ( ie 3 Quarts between a regular oil change ) when light comes on ; did one consumption test - dealer very how do you say … … listening but not hearing or caring :(

·
Registered
17 Posts
Re:
Subdude17
Registered

Joined Nov 8, 2017
8 Posts
#78 · Mar 14, 2018

I don’t know yet, I picked it up this morning at 7AM.

My car was given back to me with several deep scratches on the front bumper and both front and rear driver side rims with savere curb rash.
Separate isssue, but so far so good, I’ll know more as I drive it.

Did the service help your oil consumption …… or somewhat at least?

81 - 85 of 85 Posts