5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you guys been Keeping an eye on oil levels?
And how is it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Still above the high mark at 2500 miles. I check it about once a week on a fully warmed up engine about 5-10 minutes after shut down to get a consistant reading. The first day it was about 1/4" above the high mark, it's gone down a little bit which is to be expected and is now just a little bit above the high mark.

Look at both sides of the dip stick and take a reading from the side that is lower since it enters the pan at an angle.

FYI, it's 1.1 quarts between the high and low mark on the dip stick.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Now that's some valuable information there to keep in mind whilst checking. Glad to see it hasn't gone through much at all though. That's reassuring.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just posted oil level so peeps will check
You never know :surprise:
Enjoy the car making sure the vitals are up

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well the Low Oil light works, had about 4500 miles on mine and it was hovering on the low on the dipstick. Threw a quart in since it was late at night and got it changed at the dealership the next day. The light did go out after i put the quart in and a restart of the car. Didn't think i beat it that hard to consume a quart, but maybe there was just less in mine from the start. I'll prob check mine more religiously now though. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Depending on distance I travel I check often
Just did an oil change myself
Noticed the oil pan is steel not aluminum as I was expecting
Friend of mine replaced his pan on Forrester a while ago

·
Registered
730 Posts
Have you guys been Keeping an eye on oil levels?
And how is it.
I've made it a habit to detail my car every week if not bi-weekly at my house so I check the oil level, top up on windshield washer fluid & double check the tire pressures. If you take care of this baby, then it should do the same in return.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts