5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I changed my oil. I go into my maintenance screen and update and set it for 6k miles to remind me when I'm due for another oil change. Along with that I reset my tripometer. Why can my trip have 6246 miles and my oil counter say I have 2127 miles left on this oil change. Does the car some how sense the condition of the oil and adjust the mileage. I do mostly drive all highway. Even my reputable Subaru dealership could not answer this question

·
Registered
2019 Base CVT + Eyesight + Fogs
153 Posts
"Does the car some how sense the condition of the oil and adjust the mileage."

Lol, no.

Can't answer the rest of your question, I have a base and don't have that fancy stuff. I just put an oreilly sticker on and do it every 3-4k miles.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Are you talking about the MySubaru page? Like below..

Or in the car it's self kinda confused. Also I would set the reminder to 5500 about 500 before your oil change. I know if you go over that mark they could say no you waited to long...And can void your warranty if they are picky.

" oil counter " Is what we need to know where you are seeing this option.

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
680 Posts
Do you have a screenshot of the section you are in to see that? I haven't messed with mine for that but I may give it a shot. If I even have that capability. I just have a sticker and log it in my book.

This my Miata not the Imp., a friend made me these :)

Reactions: longboy

·
Registered
448 Posts
My Subaru doesn't have a maintenance counter (n); my Toyota does (y)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you talking about the MySubaru page? Like below..

Or in the car it's self kinda confused. Also I would set the reminder to 5500 about 500 before your oil change. I know if you go over that mark they could say no you waited to long...And can void your warranty if they are picky.

" oil counter " Is what we need to know where you are seeing this option.

View attachment 24059
IMG_20200902_152841928.jpg

·
Registered
48 Posts
According to this feller on Youtube, the 2017 Impreza sports have the indicator. Sure doesn't exist on my 2017 premium! My wife's 2019 Forester Limited has the three tabs under the column and has a collection of screens. Might start using that on her car. Learn something new every day.

·
Registered
2019 Impreza Premium Hatch CVT
140 Posts
I don't believe my Premium has that section either. But I do use an app on my phone to track fuel economy and record all maintenance done, and it gives me a reminder when I'm nearing the mileage for an oil change, etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts