5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! :grin2:

So it's been a long, long time since I was on forums a lot. I was on NASIOC way back, RS25, LegacyGT and some others, but the past few years have been too busy. I did get accepted to the Subaru Ambassador program, which is super cool :smile2: but my online presence dwindled.

Recently I was in the market for another Subie - #7 between my wife and I, since 2000.

#1 - 2000 Impreza 2.5RS 5MT, bought new in NH
#2 - 1995 Legacy LS auto, my wife's
#3 - 2001 Outback LL Bean, my wife's (we still own it, 268K miles!)
#4 - 2005 Legacy GT Limited, 5MT, bought 2008 and sold 2012
#5 - 2010 Legacy GT Limited, 6MT, bought 2016 and sold 2017 (nice car, felt too big)
#6 - 2015 Outback 3.6R Limited, my wife's (bought 2017)

I had my eye on the 2017+ Impreza for a while. Having driven two LGTs, I knew I'd miss the power but it was the chassis I wanted. I really like the new platform, and enjoyed driving a loaner Premium I got a year or so ago. What I didn't like was the CVT.

The 2.0i Sport was what I really wanted. Did the obvious digging around, and test drove a local 2019 Sport 5MT to get the feel for it. Very nice, and the salesman was awesome, but I learned what you all know: 2019 wipes out the moonroof, h/k audio and blindspot monitor. So I set out to find a CPO car that kept these things, and would cost me less. :nerd:

I ended up finding one at a dealer outside Baltimore, and picked it up a couple weeks ago. 2017 Sport 5MT, 26K miles, seems to be in great shape. Like many, I do wish they'd stuck the 6MT in the car for overdrive and fuel mileage, but that's about my only complaint so far. Well, that and Subaru's unwillingness to put lumbar support in the Impreza by now. C'mon! Oh, and of course the OEM Yokohamas are, well, terrible.

The hatchback is marvelous, I love the style, the ride is great and I'm super happy. Perfect commuter car (~30 miles each way, mostly highway); yes I'd love more power, but I find it to be just fine.

I had no idea this forum even existed, until today - lucky find! So, hey all, I'm here, nice to meet everyone. :grin2:

=S2=

Attachments

·
Registered
813 Posts
Welcome! Just so you know, hill hold assist can be disassembled and there is a way to get rid of rev hang with a change to the ECU tune.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Hahaha.... I just saw it being responded to and assumed it was new.

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
839 Posts
Also, I've known him a long time, he's not that old. Me OTOH ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts