·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yeah, makes it aesthetically pleasing to start towards the front window. The stock ones don't start at the dummy window.
Do those actually follow the curvature of the window when you roll it down? The stock ones don't do that either.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, makes it aesthetically pleasing to start towards the front window. The stock ones don't start at the dummy window.
Do those actually follow the curvature of the window when you roll it down? The stock ones don't do that either.
Yes the do follow the curve of the glass I’ll try to upload some interior pics of it later on.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Can I assume the wind noise with the windows down a couple inches at speed is less with these guards?

I had them on an earlier Legacy sedan but I don't remember that detail. I think it was quieter, but it was a long time ago. If they are quieter, and end the rain scrolling up and in, I'd consider them on mine. It's the scrolling ingress of water that I care about when driving the most. Sitting still it's obvious they help there. I've always driven my cars with the windows cracked, summer and winter, and hate to have them rolled all the way up when it rains.

Thanks for your post. Your car look great, and opens possibilities for me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can I assume the wind noise with the windows down a couple inches at speed is less with these guards?

I had them on an earlier Legacy sedan but I don't remember that detail. I think it was quieter, but it was a long time ago. If they are quieter, and end the rain scrolling up and in, I'd consider them on mine. It's the scrolling ingress of water that I care about when driving the most. Sitting still it's obvious they help there. I've always driven my cars with the windows cracked, summer and winter, and hate to have them rolled all the way up when it rains.

To be honest I have not payed much attention, I usually just blast music in my car so wind noise has not been much of an issue anyways :) but I will try to pay more attention now that you mention it and I will get back to you!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To be honest I have not payed much attention, I usually just blast music in my car so wind noise has not been much of an issue anyways :) but I will try to pay more attention now that you mention it and I will get back to you!

So I did some listening and to be honest it does help a bit on the freeway with sound however if you crack the window open a little bit it does create a whirling sound at speeds over 65 but other than that no.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I love the look of the guards. I really am looking for an in-channel set, I think the lines look cleaner
I wanted a in-channel kit as well because i had the weather tech ones on my old tacoma and they were great but these look really clean as well, if you cant find a in-channel one(i could not) this is a great option or the OEM

·
Registered
295 Posts
I wanted a in-channel kit as well because i had the weather tech ones on my old tacoma and they were great but these look really clean as well, if you cant find a in-channel one(i could not) this is a great option or the OEM
I am willing to wait for the in-channel ones. I too have not had any luck finding any

·
Registered
44 Posts
Those look really nice. I like how they extend down the front of the window and would total like to pick up a set myself.

·
Super Moderator
1,699 Posts
I would guess that the wind noise in lowered a bit but, after owning 6 Subarus and many other cars in my life I will just flat out say that Subarus are not the most quite that I have owned.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I would guess that the wind noise in lowered a bit but, after owning 6 Subarus and many other cars in my life I will just flat out say that Subarus are not the most quite that I have owned.
That's for sure... although in a terrible downpour once I closed all the windows in my '17 FXT Touring and was stunned at how quiet it suddenly was, They're making them quieter these days, although my Impreza isn't that quiet it's ok. Besides, like I said, my window is always a couple inches down winter and summer. So how quiet a car is has never been important to me. I asked about the deflectors mainly because of the water coming in while driving with the window cracked. Personally, I don't like how they look, or the similar deflector for the sunroof. Had them, liked what they did, didn't like how they looked on my car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts