5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the last Subaru I had was beautiful- I can’t believe although monetarily she was not worth much - emotionally she was awesome -we parted - Subaru Legacy 2003 wagon manual - at the end 320 000 before being donated away to a teen driver learning manual and using it for transportation before her final demise 1.5 years later I heard …. I just visited a Subaru dealership for fun to look at the WRX and all these thoughts came to me to share …..

Last years I came back to Subaru and here is what has happened the good the amazing and the questionable ;)

Subaru 2017 Sport 5 MT Certified preowned with approx 26 000 miles. I had a new job - I had to drive a bunch - I still wanted to feel alive and have a pulse behind the wheel ( manual ) and something for all seasons ( AWD) . Even today there are only less then a handful of manual AWD cars … Subaru . Golf R . Toyota Hatch Corolla that just came out ……

Miles driven : 22 000 over 11 months - mostly highway

Dealerships encountered : two different ones ; one good for sale - too busy for service ( middle Jersey ) ; the other one for service and amazing - as in they actually listen to you ….. ( southern jersey ) .

Service provided ; oil changes ( many ) ; wheel bearing left rear changed ; engine swap - oil consumption issue ( 3 Qts between oil changes of 5000 miles ) ; Prophylactic clutch work as engine was already lowered ( only parts as labor was included with previous mentioned job ) ; two tires swapped by dealer later ( free) as they barely met passing on the point of sale .

Fun stuff added : Tint to decrease interior heat as there is visibility and glass everywhere ; Front strut brace ; Rear strut brace . Changed front lights to led ….

The Car:
Truly ❤ this car ; Seats cloth never too cold never burn you in summer . The materials in the car might be little less luxurious but therefore are also easy to clean without fancy sensitive chemicals. Interior Materials - now in her 5th year have weathered super well / no difference when I visit new cars in the dealership. It’s like the same car . Drive is great for cornering and highway driving - not intended for drag strips ( sport only in name ) ; Subarus manual is great - I like its feel ; engine revs well and free . Highway mileage is approximately 32-34 depending how much passing is going down ;) Just enough electronics to keep you safe ( not a fan of that huge tablet business in the center console ) and beautiful buttons for all else . Layout of interior 5/5 pls don’t even change it Subaru.

Customer service:
Dealerships are well like people - some are amazing and some are ok for just coffee conversations…… It’s hard to find any person that does everything well - that’s the truth . But I have have had the best experience repeatedly with contacting Subaru of America for general questions and concerns ….. I always found a real person to talk to ; they were from the US and they actuallly recommended things that I didn’t want to push for or was hesitant …. Pretty darn impressed to be honest & like my engine work it was a happy ending .

Wish list : More power -On in the flip side I hate to pay for speeding tickets and gas is not cheap - and it’s like getting worse …… Could the car be a little “more cooler-or exciting design “ maybe a huge yes - but I guess at the end once you drive the car it makes up for it in many many other ways .

For the wish list of AWD Manual Price this car for me has been awesome . The fact that thank god all has gone well with the service and customer service ( second dealership & SOA ) I am super happy of course ; Was it painful experience : it was actually ok ‘ maybe some would not have wanted to deal with it all this …. but I actually was devoted to this car from the beginning. I did purchase the extended warranty (7/100000) just to make myself feel good ; we’ll see ……

I am not that old but I wouldn’t mind this car to be my last car … I am hoping for many future anniversaries barring any dramatic events or rust :)

I would love to know what other anniversary stories out there , thoughts, experiences, the future of long term ownership? ….. etc

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey I’m so happy for you. Happy anniversary with your Impreza! Man, your anniversary is just about a few weeks away from my first year anniversary with my Impreza. Anyways, I’m glad your Impreza is doing very well for you, along with your relationship with Subaru and the dealership service center. I’ll be looking forward to your further ownership of your Impreza. Excited for the eventual long term ownership experience. Stay safe out there.

(One moment of silence and gratitude to your old Legacy as well. It had a long, generous run)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You guys ( & girls ) are awesome … just the other day I saw a message on my console “ 2 hours since ignition “ telling me to rest lol ….. how cute is that - never seen that one before !

And on my drive back from the shore I saw two sport sedans - one white / one red both driven by girls - both left me in the dust ; one had the window down and singing too :) I still couldn’t drive fast enough …..

So the mechanic that did all my work on my car is at the Prestige Subaru in Turnersville - yes it’s a team effort …. But I do believe as the car surgeon he was awesome ; his name was Eric - ( I will double check this as I would hate to get it wrong ) he was awesome and came in front and actually talked to me, explained mechanical aspects of things and god willing on 5000 miles since the transplant - the car is performing as expected ( beautifully) for a boxer engine .

·
Registered
155 Posts
That's good to hear. I've gone to Prestige a few times but stopped going because they really dropped the ball on a maintenance item for me. Nothing against the dealership though I guess, I think I just had a bad service manager. Glad to hear you like them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts