5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to make this post but I'm just getting antsy waiting for my new car. Car was ordered first week of May and when I went to the dealer for an update 2 weeks ago they said it was in Markham ON. I live in Quebec City QC so it was ~3 weeks to arrival in Markham where it will then be sent to my dealer. Already been two weeks so I imagine it should be here soon even though I was told by the end of June. Does anyone else know more about shipping times and how it works from Lafayette IN to X dealership Canada? Any info to keep me busy is much appreciated.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'm assuming that Markham is where the cars come off the railcars, and are cleared by Customs Canada. Once that is done, they get loaded onto highway carriers, then are sent to the dealerships.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I understand the anxiety of waiting on that shiny new car. I waited almost 3 months from placing the order to driving off the lot. Although I doubt that applies much to you because the situations are so much different now. Not only was I one of the early orders (picked up my 2017 on the last day of 2016), but I am not far from Lafayette, IN, either. Just adding in importing/exporting time will add a large variable into your wait. Then just try and account for the quarantine changes. Unfortunately, my only advice is to get used to waiting and when you get that call it is even more exciting.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's my guess too. I just really hope it comes in soon cause in time I'll be out of the country until next year. I mean I would even fly to Toronto and drive it back if they said I could get it today.
I'm assuming that Markham is where the cars come off the railcars, and are cleared by Customs Canada. Once that is done, they get loaded onto highway carriers, then are sent to the dealerships.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: Apparently my Impreza is in transit to MTL and I don't believe there'll be anymore updates beyond this point, as I understand it really means in transist to dealership so the next update should be that it's here. Fingers crossed for next week so I won't have to move my vacation.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got told that the car is being delivered tonight and will be ready for pick up next week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts