5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, this might be a bit long but I'd really appreciate anyone who can offer some help.
2017 5-door here, purchased about a year ago on a salvage title (no warranty) but had my mechanic check it out for any structural issues so I still bought it on a great deal.

A few months into owning it, CEL came on showing p0019 crank/camshaft position sensor correlation; took it directly to a dealer, they diagnosed faulty oil intake valve and had it replaced. This was around January, now it's June and CEL came on again about a week ago flashing the same code. Had my mechanic check it out again, got an oil change (was almost due), light still on. I'd rather not spend a fortune on repairs again, so is there anything I can check by myself first to make sure? I've been looking all over for how to locate the camshaft sensor but can't find anything that helps.

I've seen that it also might be the timing chain, so is there anything I can check myself about that too? Really just trying to avoid going to the dealer, and though I don't know too much about cars, I wanna at least try checking the easy stuff.

Car itself seems to run fine. When this happened in Jan, entire cabin would shake while idling or shifting gears, but that isn't happening this time (yet, at least, I dunno).

I've noticed in the recent weeks that the car is a bit louder than normal after starting, but it quiets back down after 20ish seconds. No knocking sounds or anything abnormal, it'd just sound like you turned the volume up on regular engine noise.

Just trying to throw down as much info as possible, any help or advice much appreciated.
Happy to provide more info or pics.
Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
467 Posts
p0019 is telling you that cam "B" position does not agree with the other sensors.

A PROPER diagnosis will not be found on the internet. One needs to use vehicle oscilloscope to observe the pulses from several sensors.

It is possible the the first repair did not install REAL Subaru replacement parts (oil intake valve). It is well known that aftermarket replacment parts tend to fail. (if they are not bad out of the box)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts