5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys think the 2017 imrpeza will come with similar packages and features as the 2016 one? I'm hoping they'll still give us the auto-dimming mirror with compass and home link or have it come standard.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I think features like auto-dimming mirrors should be darn standard. We've come far enough in technological advancements that it should just be there. BUT I'm pretty sure features and packages will remain the same with maybe some more safety things becoming standard

·
Registered
78 Posts
As much as I would like to see a nice sizable list of standard features including home-link, that's just not going to happen because Subaru will need to increase the MSRP price to make up for it and by doing so they could drive away potential buyers.

They'll probably have the usual generic accessories like crossbars and side mouldings, maybe even performance add on like the STI flexible strut tower brace.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Subaru is also one of those brands that people seem more accepting to a lack of tech features, sort of like the pull people have towards owning a Wrangler, also it's quite simple, you don't see that many complaining. Plus anyone really disliking it will move onto to something else, it's not for everyone.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Subaru has always been more conservative when it comes to the techy, flashy features. They've already proven their vehicle capabilities and that's why you buy them. The comparison to the Wrangler is spot on. It's been known for long and loved for what it is. If you were to change them by adding features, you may even end up losing potential repeat customers

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yeah but it could also be said that going forward they might need to add that stuff. The new impreza targets a bigger crowd than the last one and they're marketing it in a way which even suggests that. So that might just be the new thing to come out of subaru.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts