5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have a brand new MY18 Impreza that I've had for 2 weeks and have paint peeling off on the rear bumper both sides in the same spot and the top of the boot (it's a hatchback). Just wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this? and if so, what was your experience getting it fixed. Love the car but so disappointed about this!

I plan on taking it to my dealer here in Adelaide, South Australia tomorrow.

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Your FIRST pic is not paint, it is the white protective film put on at the factory and should be removed BEFORE delivery. Your dealer just did a poor prep job on your car. Just take your fingernail and peel it off.

Picture #2, head to the dealer and let them handle it under warranty.

·
Premium Member
2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport
2,177 Posts
Yea, the second shot looks like the gaps are so tight it chipped a piece of paint off, shouldn't be a huge fix for your dealer if they have a paint shop. Ask them about their facilities though, you don't want some 16 year old with a spray can "fixing" it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
i just noticed the same thing on mine today. Same spot where the rear panel and bumper meet. I used some touch up paint on it today for now. Going to the dealer in a couple weeks for maintenance and will show it to them.

·
Registered
323 Posts
To be honest, I let some things go since the fix can sometimes make things worse. I wouldn't let just anyone do paint work on a new car unless it was a really good place.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did not manage to get paint fix under warranty....Subaru declined for that. Fixed it by my self and it's quite good. Anyway I traded the car. Subaru warranty (n) in here Europe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts