5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was parked at my friends house helping her do stuff and her friend just backed into my car and hit it. I'm like hello how did you not see my Bright RED car there? We drove in it earlier. She will not admit it but I blame distracted driving. I honestly don't think she even was looking back while reversing. NC is a fault state so I asked her to call her insurance and start a 3rd party claim. She admitted fault right away and I could tell she felt bad. Hoping it all goes well with the claim and all that pain of rental ,finding a good shop etc.. I went ahead and called my insurance and made a report of the incident in case it doesn't go smoothly with her insurance. I'm really hoping the rear quarter panel dent can be removed with dent removal since there is no damage to the paint. The bumper will obviously have to be painted I'm sure. I'm worried the about it all matching well. Its been a DAY. UGH.

·
Administrator
2017 Imp 5 door. Auto, Red.
1,906 Posts
OH NO! Feel so bad for you!

I have had that happen to me several times in my life now, once with a three month old car and the feeling is just horrible.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I cannot speak for your state.... but here in Vermont you would be free to choose ANY bodyshop you desire and the ins. company is obliged to pay.

Also, in my experience, I work with MY ins. company and THEY deal with the 'other' ins. (you should not have to mess with the other persons ins co.)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah here in NC its at fault state. So I did a 3rd party claim to the other person's insurance and the gears moved quick. Dropped off my car at the shop and got my rental nothing out of pocket for me. The body shop said that just by initial inspection its about 4k in damage. Its insane how much it costs to repair cars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts