5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As winter is approaching I am look to park both of my cars in a 2 car garage. I have done this before but the space between cars is pretty tight. Is there anything to put between the 2 cars or over one of them so the doors don’t ding each other?

·
Banned
83 Posts
As winter is approaching I am look to park both of my cars in a 2 car garage. I have done this before but the space between cars is pretty tight. Is there anything to put between the 2 cars or over one of them so the doors don’t ding each other?
Just don’t throw your door open.

·
Registered
25 Posts
When we used to have a small 2-car garage, my wife would pull her car in head-first on the left side, and I'd back my car in on the right side. We'd minimize the space between the cars and have enough room to open the driver-side doors without problems.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Ist thing, get some Cowles door edge guards. It wont prevent big dings but if you accidently hit the car next to you there will be no paint damage to either car and you eliminate most dings. Most auto parts sell these as pre cut strips or rolls. I even did the undersides of my doors in case a passenger opens it up into a high curb. The black is the best material.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't know how they're called, but I mean those rubber things they have in malls or commercial centers in the parking between cars. They can prevent a collision because they are a little bit high and you feel like you got on something. If I find a picture I'll attach it. We also have two cars but the issue was because of the second one. We had to reconstruct and get new garage doors from advantagegd because the door was too low and we couldn't park the car in the garage. We fixed this and we also got these rubber things for between the cars. I really recommend them.

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
571 Posts
Either a pool noodle or look at your local home depot or similar for some foam pipe insulation. Pool noodles are seasonal and sometimes hard to find but you can usually find that brown foam pipe insulation. You can also cut it in half to double the use. I used that to put on the metal support in my garage that's between the cars.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Starting at 3:19..... The Ronco Door Saver

·
Administrator
2017 Imp 5 door. Auto, Red.
2,081 Posts
The wife and I share a 2 car garage that we use year round. She is good though and has never dinged my car.

Most people are cognoscente when they park close to people, I find most of the time that it is kids who do the most dings as they just don't think about it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts