5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It seemed like the Owners Of Lifted Imprezas (OOLI) needed a photo thread since there are a growing number of us on the site.

This is my 2017 base model with ADF 1.5" lift kit and an extra 0.5" of lift from changing to 205/60-16 tires. It doesn't really see offroad use, but the extra clearance is nice for pot holes, road debris, steep driveway enterance angles, etc. It also has the Primitive 'squirrel deflector' skid plate up front. A local spontaneously volunteered to test it (doink) and it did a fine job deflecting.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Seems like I wasn't the only one noticing our small group growing. I'll post pictures later when I have home computer access.

Devilhog: Do you do the 5 tire rotation on your set up? I'll be doing a full size spare once I get new tires soon. I wanted to get the Wildpeak AT Trail, but they still don't have 15" wheel sizes yet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Devilhog: Do you do the 5 tire rotation on your set up? I'll be doing a full size spare once I get new tires soon. I wanted to get the Wildpeak AT Trail, but they still don't have 15" wheel sizes yet.
I bought a 16" steel wheel for $60 to mount a full size spare. Planning on putting an extra battery and compressor in the spare tire compartment some time in the future.
Wanted to save money so I just used my stock rims. Also 15's are hard to find in canada for tires. Love my wildpeaks so far.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I bought a 16" steel wheel for $60 to mount a full size spare. Planning on putting an extra battery and compressor in the spare tire compartment some time in the future.
Wanted to save money so I just used my stock rims. Also 15's are hard to find in canada for tires. Love my wildpeaks so far.
Why an extra battery?

·
Registered
2018 5 door base model
3 Posts
Here's my replacement I purchased (I originally had a '19 Crosstrek with a 5-speed manual, but rolled it down the mountain, like 6 times and I totaled it). This here is a used 2018 Impreza base model in Lapis Blue.
I prefer this car way way more than the Crosstrek I wrecked. The Imp is definitely better in the mountains here in WV. The CVT allows the car to maintain momentum up steep mountains. The car seems slightly faster off the line compared to the Crosstrek I wrecked.
I installed Anderson Design Fabrications standard 1.5" lift front / 1 7/8" rear. Easy-peasy job.
MSW Type 22T (15 x 6) + Geolandars A/T's ( 215 / 70/ / 15 )
My Imp no longer looks like another dorky grocery getter.
I also got a nameless performance strut bar. I'll post pic when / if I can find it.
***Anyone know if it is possible to get some stabilizer bars for the base-model Impreza? It doesn't seem too agile on these steep sharp curvy mountain roads.

·
Registered
2017 Impreza 5DR Limited (CVT) w/ES & NAV
46 Posts
Here is my 2017 Impreza Limited 5-Door, with the ADF 1.5" lift in front and the 1 7/8" lift in the rear. Sadly, I'm thinking of selling it to get something different. Such is life...

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone know if it is possible to get some stabilizer bars for the base-model Impreza? It doesn't seem too agile on these steep sharp curvy mountain roads.
It should be possible to add the rear sway bar but that involves pulling the rear suspension to mount it. I would start with a steering lockdown like Perrin sells first. You might be surprised at the difference it makes.

·
Registered
2019 Base CVT + Eyesight + Fogs
204 Posts
Here's my replacement I purchased (I originally had a '19 Crosstrek with a 5-speed manual, but rolled it down the mountain, like 6 times and I totaled it). This here is a used 2018 Impreza base model in Lapis Blue.
I prefer this car way way more than the Crosstrek I wrecked. The Imp is definitely better in the mountains here in WV. The CVT allows the car to maintain momentum up steep mountains. The car seems slightly faster off the line compared to the Crosstrek I wrecked.
I installed 2" Anderson Design Fabrications all around. Easy-peasy job.
MSW Type 22T (15 x 6) + Geolandars A/T's ( 215 / 70/ / 15 )
My Imp no longer looks like another dorky grocery getter.
I also got a nameless performance strut bar. I'll post pic when / if I can find it.
***Anyone know if it is possible to get some stabilizer bars for the base-model Impreza? It doesn't seem too agile on these steep sharp curvy mountain roads. View attachment 24405
I don't see ADF selling a 2" kit. What did you get, exactly? Only company with 2" on their website is Rallitek.

·
Registered
2019 Impreza sedan 5mt/ Adf 1.5, 1.3/4 lift spacers 215/65/16 Toyo climates
14 Posts
I talk with the guys from Anderson design fab all the time. You can custom order spacers any size you like may thats what Lapis was talking about?"

·
Registered
14 Posts
I do have a question for you guys however, I have the ADF Fab lift in front giving me an extra inch and a half is there any type of extra half inch spacer that I could stack on top of that to make two inches. Does anyone have any thoughts on this is two inches all right in the front or what do you think about CV axle angles?

·
Registered
2018 5 door base model
3 Posts
I do have a question for you guys however, I have the ADF Fab lift in front giving me an extra inch and a half is there any type of extra half inch spacer that I could stack on top of that to make two inches. Does anyone have any thoughts on this is two inches all right in the front or what do you think about CV axle angles?
From what Anderson said to me when I inquired last winter, he indicated that their predetermined sizing is the safest option for your CV joints. Unfortunately, I wanted to get mine to 3" (WV mountain roads out here are quite neglected in the unpopular areas + crossing low-water creeks). I had noticed that some eBay sellers sell some crappy plasticy-type of material they claim is useful for adding a little height, though they are only similar stacked ones in design, much like Anderson. The eBay ones don't necessarily account for the angles needed for proper wheel alignment.
One other route would try those fancy over-priced Eibach spring kits.

·
Registered
16 Posts
From what Anderson said to me when I inquired last winter, he indicated that their predetermined sizing is the safest option for your CV joints.
Cv joints can handle 2" in the front no problem. The problem is the swaybar and tierods touch at full lock. I'm thinking of making my own custom adjustable sway bar end links to correct it. That or run without the front swaybar. I might try that for a week or so see how that feels.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you do that let me know your results

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok, got my 1.5—1.7/8 ADF installed and it was really wonderful on a winter trip where I drove across all of Texas blanketed in snow and sleet a few days ago...
Pic of my Impreza kissing our TDI Sportwagen (sorry but I have some serious engine envy of my wife’s car...which used to be mine...I digress)
Anyone comment on Eyesight and bigger tires? I’m on stock tires until they get more wear but I am seriously eyeing those Wildpeaks I’ve seen a few members running.

edit for: at the 10,000-11,000 mile mark I finally noticed an uptick in gas mileage....got a few tanks averaging 32mpg in Denver, one the way home, and my final tank in the hill country of Texas 29 (last 6,000 average was reading 27 flat so I’m super stoked to approach 30 hopefully...until bigger tires...)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Was about to lower it on 18s, but changed my mind last minute with no regrets.

-Subieliftoz lift kit 2in front 2.5in rear to compensate for the saggy butt.
-16x7 Bronze Sparco Terra wheels wrapped in 215/65/16 BFG K02s.
-25mm wheel spacers.
-Rally Innovations ultimate light bar for the Crosstrek.
-Nameless Performance quad exit exhaust.
-Lihht bar mount off Amazon meant for a 16+ Tacoma, perfect fit. Drilled holes in the stock roof bars and used rivnuts so that it can all be removed.
-Much more to come!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts