5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
From what Anderson said to me when I inquired last winter, he indicated that their predetermined sizing is the safest option for your CV joints. Unfortunately, I wanted to get mine to 3" (WV mountain roads out here are quite neglected in the unpopular areas + crossing low-water creeks). I had noticed that some eBay sellers sell some crappy plasticy-type of material they claim is useful for adding a little height, though they are only similar stacked ones in design, much like Anderson. The eBay ones don't necessarily account for the angles needed for proper wheel alignment.
One other route would try those fancy over-priced Eibach spring kits.
You can also get taller tires. I have 215 65 16s which are about 27 in tall. My stock tires are about 25 in tall, and by tall I mean diameter. So you end up gaining an inch just by switching tires. I have a lift that is 2in in front and 2 1/2in the rear, so I've roughly gained about 3in in height. I'm just a little bit under a Crosstrek when you look side by side.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Now mine’s not lifted, but i have taken it trail driving.

Ive been really considering a lift for it, but i have a 93 jeep yj torn apart in my garage right now that will be my off-roading vehicle.

How does this car handle lifted? i love the handling in this thing and thats the only thing that’s keeping me from lifting it an inch or two.

Attachments

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I haven't noticed any change in handling from the lift. The shocks and springs are the same, the body is just sitting a little higher on top of them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Handling? Nothing changed. It has a small body tilt before it locks in a holds just as before.
Bumps? It actually feels better....having the weight that extra 1.5” above the axles does change the suspension dynamics for shock absorption it seems...Feels more like a SUV when hitting speed bumps and stuff where as before it felt like the front suspension got really far into its travel to cope.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Was about to lower it on 18s, but changed my mind last minute with no regrets.

-Subieliftoz lift kit 2in front 2.5in rear to compensate for the saggy butt.
-16x7 Bronze Sparco Terra wheels wrapped in 215/65/16 BFG K02s.
-25mm wheel spacers.
-Rally Innovations ultimate light bar for the Crosstrek.
-Nameless Performance quad exit exhaust.
-Lihht bar mount off Amazon meant for a 16+ Tacoma, perfect fit. Drilled holes in the stock roof bars and used rivnuts so that it can all be removed.
-Much more to come!

View attachment 24731 View attachment 24732 View attachment 24733 View attachment 24734 View attachment 24735 View attachment 24736
Your car looks amazing. Any issues with getting the lightbar for the Crosstrek to work with your Impreza? And what does the lightbar actually mount to? I didn’t really like how the rally innovations lightbar made for the impreza mounted to the radiator. Thanks!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Your car looks amazing. Any issues with getting the lightbar for the Crosstrek to work with your Impreza? And what does the lightbar actually mount to? I didn’t really like how the rally innovations lightbar made for the impreza mounted to the radiator. Thanks!
The mounting points are exactly the same on the Impreza as they are on the Crosstrek. It comes with a bar on the bottom that bolts into the frame and has two pieces that come out the front to support the bottom of the skid plate and feel very sturdy. The top mounts are creative but a little on the flimsy side since the brackets that it bolts to are flat and when I use the skid plate as a skid plate it will move the top slightly and bend the flat pieces. I'm trying to come up with a more secure mounting solution to replace the one that came with the bar. The movement from the top mounts broke pieces off of the grill so I'm just running it without one for now.
Pardon the wiring mess, I'll attempt to tidy it up when I swap out my front bumper cover.
20210202_154239.jpg

20210202_154301.jpg
20210202_154320.jpg
20210202_154345.jpg
20210202_175140.jpg
20210202_175125.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
The mounting points are exactly the same on the Impreza as they are on the Crosstrek. It comes with a bar on the bottom that bolts into the frame and has two pieces that come out the front to support the bottom of the skid plate and feel very sturdy. The top mounts are creative but a little on the flimsy side since the brackets that it bolts to are flat and when I use the skid plate as a skid plate it will move the top slightly and bend the flat pieces. I'm trying to come up with a more secure mounting solution to replace the one that came with the bar. The movement from the top mounts broke pieces off of the grill so I'm just running it without one for now.
Pardon the wiring mess, I'll attempt to tidy it up when I swap out my front bumper cover.
View attachment 25005
View attachment 25006 View attachment 25007 View attachment 25008 View attachment 25009 View attachment 25010
Wow! That’s awesome it looks sick man thanks!

·
Registered
2019 Base CVT + Eyesight + Fogs
320 Posts

2" Rallitek* Lift

·
Registered
2017 Base Hatchback 5MT
31 Posts
I am looking into lifting my Impreza 1.5" (most likely ADT), swapping out to 17" wheels and I'm not sure what tire size to go for. I want a meaty sidewall, and A/T tread. I don't want to shave the wheel well, but the lift should mitigate most of those issues. What size tires would y'all recommend?

·
Registered
2020 Impreza, 5speed, 2.5" lift, Nameless 5" muffler and some falken wildpeaks.
40 Posts
I am looking into lifting my Impreza 1.5" (most likely ADT), swapping out to 17" wheels and I'm not sure what tire size to go for. I want a meaty sidewall, and A/T tread. I don't want to shave the wheel well, but the lift should mitigate most of those issues. What size tires would y'all recommend?
Highly recommend if you plan on doing some overlanding/offroading to go with 16 or 15" wheels. Allows for more sidewall and flex in the tires.

·
Registered
2017 Base Hatchback 5MT
31 Posts
Highly recommend if you plan on doing some overlanding/offroading to go with 16 or 15" wheels. Allows for more sidewall and flex in the tires.
I've had trouble finding all terrains that would mount my 16's is the only issue. Although in one of these lifted threads I saw someone with exactly what I want in 16's just can't find for myself.
This is my DD but I also own 20< acres in the Kentucky Appalachians and I like to use my car to move around my hollers and definitely need a better set up.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've had trouble finding all terrains that would mount my 16's is the only issue. Although in one of these lifted threads I saw someone with exactly what I want in 16's just can't find for myself.
This is my DD but I also own 20< acres in the Kentucky Appalachians and I like to use my car to move around my hollers and definitely need a better set up.
If you check out my first post in this thread I state my falken wildpeak tire size using stock 16's. Tires were great prices and was able to get steel wheel from subaru for a cheap full size spare. As long as you max out at 27" total diameter your good. Tire Size Calculator

·
Registered
2017 Base Hatchback 5MT
31 Posts
If you check out my first post in this thread I state my falken wildpeak tire size using stock 16's. Tires were great prices and was able to get steel wheel from subaru for a cheap full size spare. As long as you max out at 27" total diameter your good. Tire Size Calculator
I'm looking for a more aggressive (rally/all-terrain), but I appreciate the feedback. Isn't 27" pushing it for wheel well fitment even if I do a 1.5" lift?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm looking for a more aggressive (rally/all-terrain), but I appreciate the feedback. Isn't 27" pushing it for wheel well fitment even if I do a 1.5" lift?
27" is perfect. No rubbing with or without lift. If you stick on rally armor flaps then will rub only while braking hard and turning at the same time. And it barely touches.

·
Registered
2017 Base Hatchback 5MT
31 Posts
Here's my replacement I purchased (I originally had a '19 Crosstrek with a 5-speed manual, but rolled it down the mountain, like 6 times and I totaled it). This here is a used 2018 Impreza base model in Lapis Blue.
I prefer this car way way more than the Crosstrek I wrecked. The Imp is definitely better in the mountains here in WV. The CVT allows the car to maintain momentum up steep mountains. The car seems slightly faster off the line compared to the Crosstrek I wrecked.
I installed Anderson Design Fabrications standard 1.5" lift front / 1 7/8" rear. Easy-peasy job.
MSW Type 22T (15 x 6) + Geolandars A/T's ( 215 / 70/ / 15 )
My Imp no longer looks like another dorky grocery getter.
I also got a nameless performance strut bar. I'll post pic when / if I can find it.
***Anyone know if it is possible to get some stabilizer bars for the base-model Impreza? It doesn't seem too agile on these steep sharp curvy mountain roads. View attachment 24405
27" is perfect. No rubbing with or without lift. If you stick on rally armor flaps then will rub only while braking hard and turning at the same time. And it barely touches.
Are Rally Armor the flexible mud flaps? I know between them and RockBlocks one is rigid and the other has some give.

·
Registered
2017 Base Hatchback 5MT
31 Posts
I'm not really overlanding besides by technicality. This is just around my property, otherwise she's pretty much just a pavement princess/show car.

(top of primary trail towards the back corner of the property)

(running one of many secondary trails - delivering cardboard and shears for burning up debris as we clean up the undergrowth and my chainsaw to fell trees). Actually went right back to that spot the followingday and she got stuck. 🤣

But this should give you an idea of why I need to lift and why I want meaty A/T's.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts