5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
From what Anderson said to me when I inquired last winter, he indicated that their predetermined sizing is the safest option for your CV joints. Unfortunately, I wanted to get mine to 3" (WV mountain roads out here are quite neglected in the unpopular areas + crossing low-water creeks). I had noticed that some eBay sellers sell some crappy plasticy-type of material they claim is useful for adding a little height, though they are only similar stacked ones in design, much like Anderson. The eBay ones don't necessarily account for the angles needed for proper wheel alignment.
One other route would try those fancy over-priced Eibach spring kits.
You can also get taller tires. I have 215 65 16s which are about 27 in tall. My stock tires are about 25 in tall, and by tall I mean diameter. So you end up gaining an inch just by switching tires. I have a lift that is 2in in front and 2 1/2in the rear, so I've roughly gained about 3in in height. I'm just a little bit under a Crosstrek when you look side by side.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Now mine’s not lifted, but i have taken it trail driving.

Ive been really considering a lift for it, but i have a 93 jeep yj torn apart in my garage right now that will be my off-roading vehicle.

How does this car handle lifted? i love the handling in this thing and thats the only thing that’s keeping me from lifting it an inch or two.

Attachments

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I haven't noticed any change in handling from the lift. The shocks and springs are the same, the body is just sitting a little higher on top of them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Handling? Nothing changed. It has a small body tilt before it locks in a holds just as before.
Bumps? It actually feels better....having the weight that extra 1.5” above the axles does change the suspension dynamics for shock absorption it seems...Feels more like a SUV when hitting speed bumps and stuff where as before it felt like the front suspension got really far into its travel to cope.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Was about to lower it on 18s, but changed my mind last minute with no regrets.

-Subieliftoz lift kit 2in front 2.5in rear to compensate for the saggy butt.
-16x7 Bronze Sparco Terra wheels wrapped in 215/65/16 BFG K02s.
-25mm wheel spacers.
-Rally Innovations ultimate light bar for the Crosstrek.
-Nameless Performance quad exit exhaust.
-Lihht bar mount off Amazon meant for a 16+ Tacoma, perfect fit. Drilled holes in the stock roof bars and used rivnuts so that it can all be removed.
-Much more to come!

View attachment 24731 View attachment 24732 View attachment 24733 View attachment 24734 View attachment 24735 View attachment 24736
Your car looks amazing. Any issues with getting the lightbar for the Crosstrek to work with your Impreza? And what does the lightbar actually mount to? I didn’t really like how the rally innovations lightbar made for the impreza mounted to the radiator. Thanks!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts